5. Isometric Core Abs Exercises – PILLAR HOLD
- Go into the top of a push up position with your palms flat on the floor and your arms fully extended.
- Your hands should be shoulder width apart and you should have a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Push up into your shoulder blades, protracting your scapular. Squeeze your glutes and tuck your pelvis under.
- Hold for 30+ seconds.
6. WARRIOR POSE 3
- Stand in a split stance (one leg forward, one back).
- Shift your weight onto your front foot sending your back foot onto its toes.
- Your arms should be by your sides with a slight bend in your elbows to begin with.
- Maintaining a small bend in the front knee and your weight concentrated in the heel of your front foot, slowly hinge forward at the hips, shifting all your weight into your front foot and lifting your back foot and leg off the ground.
- Note, your back leg should only lift as far as your hip hinge/your chest goes down, so your body remains in a straight line from your head to your back foot.
- Once your body is parallel to the ground and you are in a stable and secure position, extend your arms forward, reaching in front of you.
- Dave-D-L-sit: Photo Courtesy of CrossFit inc