These Brutal Kettlebell Workouts will test and push your fitness and mental strength to the limits! Browse through and choose one that you like the look of then give it a go! There are many different formats, from AMRAPS to Chippers and everything in between. Have fun, concentrate on moving well and transform your body!
BRUTAL KETTLEBELL WORKOUTS – GEORGIE
AMRAP in 21 minutes
- 7 Burpees
- 11 Push-Ups
- 22 Kettlebell Swings (54/35 lb)
- Buy-in: 65 Sit-Ups
On a 21-minute clock, as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) perform the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is number of rounds and reps completed (including sit-ups) in 21 minutes.
By kettlebell expert Taco Fleur.
Four AMRAPs in 36 minutes
AMRAP in 4 minutes:
2 minutes Rest
Then, AMRAP in 6 minutes:
- Alternating Kneeling Presses (2 x 16/12 kg)
2 minutes Rest
Then, AMRAP in 16 minutes:
- 4 Gorilla Cleans (2 x 16/12 kg)
- 4 Front Squats (2 x 16/12 kg)
- 4 Clean-and-Jerks (2 x 16/12 kg)
2 minutes Rest
Then, AMRAP in 4 minutes:
* If athlete breaks during a round, perform 10 Push-Ups
With a running clock perform all four AMRAPs. Athlete must perform at least the same number of burpees in the last AMRAP as in the first. Otherwise penalty is 4x the difference (for example: 50 burpees in the first AMRAP, but only 45 burpees in the last AMRAP; penalty is 4×5 = 20 extra burpees). In the third AMRAP, penalty for breaking at any time during the cleans, front squats and clean-and-jerks is 10 push-ups. Penalty reps do not count toward the total score.
Source: Taco Fleur
Three AMRAPs in 42 minutes
AMRAP from 0:00-6:00:
- 3 Kettlebell High Swings (16/12 kg) (right)
- 3 Squat Frontal Raise (16/12 kg)
- 3 Kettlebell High Swings (16/12 kg) (left)
Then, AMRAP from 6:00-36:00:
1-2-3-4 reps of:
- Double Kettlebell Hang Cleans (2 x 16/12 kg)
- Front Squats
- Full Snatches
(Broken set penalty: 10 Crush-Grip Push-Ups)
Then, AMRAP from 36:00-42:00:
No rest between AMRAPs. In the second AMRAP, if athlete breaks during the set of 1-2-3-4, penalty is 10 crush-grip push-ups (palms on a single kettlebell).
THE BELL BOWL
- 400 meter Run
- 40 Russian Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
- 40 Kettlebell Taters (24/16 kg)
- 300 meter Run
- 30 Russian Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
- 30 Kettlebell Taters (24/16 kg)
- 200 meter Run
- 20 Russian Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
- 20 Kettlebell Taters (24/16 kg)
- 100 meter Run
- 10 Russian Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
- 10 Kettlebell Taters (24/16 kg)
A Kettlebell Tater is a kettlebell swing into a front squat, in which the bell is flipped at the top of the swing and again at the top of the front squat.
AMRAP in 20 minutes
- 4 Double Kettlebell Hang Snatches (2×16/12 kg)
- 4 Burpees
- 4 Double Kettlebell Deadlifts (2×16/12 kg) (between the feet)
Nurpees (or no-push-up burpees) are burpees without the push-up. In this workout neither a jump nor an overhead clap is required, either. Merely drop to plank, pop the hips up and jump the feet back to the hands and stand back up fully for one repetition. For the deadlifts, both kettlebells must start and end on the ground between the athlete’s feet.