These tough full body workouts are for everyone that loves a good challenge and wants to take their complete, all round fitness to the next level.strength in a fatigued state (Linda) through to body-weight movements at a high heart rate (Barbara).
Building a better engine will help you with all of the following points:
- Improved conditioning across a broader range of different workouts
- Quicker recovery times between sets during strength work. This is also perfect for heavy EMOM workouts, to help you recover and prepare quicker for the next rep.
- A general improvement in endurance-based workouts involving running, rowing, swimming and high rep rounds at lower intensities and weights.
- Endurance training is an effective way to develop mental toughness.
- Promotes structural changes to your cardiovascular system that will benefit your heart, lungs and long-term health
Why are Crossfit Workouts named after girls? According to CrossFit Founder Greg Glassman, he named the benchmark workouts after girls in similar way that storms are named after girls using the National Weather Service. He felt that because these workouts are so physically demanding, they leave you feeling as though a storm has hit you!
Greg Glassman: “I think anything that leaves you laying on your back gasping for air wondering what just happened to you should be named after a girl.”
They are designed to be repeated at intervals to test how your fitness is progressing and improving.