CROSSFIT STRENGTH WORKOUTS
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”229″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_imagebrowser” ajax_pagination=”0″ order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]These Crossfit strength workouts will help you to get stronger and build better muscular endurance.
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends muscular endurance testing as well as muscular strength testing when you start a program of strength training. The results will help a trainer set the right intensity and loads for your exercises.
The push-up test is often performed as a measure of upper body muscular endurance. You do as many pushups as you can before you break form. There is a modified pushup test for women. This may also be a timed test to see how many you can perform in a minute. You can compare how your performance matches up with others in your age and sex category. By tracking this number over time, you can see increases or decreases in upper body muscular endurance.
TRY THE PUSH UP TEST
The Standard Push-Up Test
- Begin in a push-up position on hands and toes with hands shoulder-width apart and elbows fully extended.
- While keeping a straight line from the toes to hips, and to the shoulders, lower your upper body so your elbows bend to 90 degrees
- Push back up to the start position.
- That is one rep.
- Continue with this form and complete as many repetitions as possible without breaking form.
- Record the total number of full push-ups completed.
MEASURE YOUR RESULTS
How well did you do?