These helpful 10 tips will show you alternative methods to speed up fat loss. They build on top of the foundational principles and will allow you to keep things varied and successful, in line with your goals.
Max Posternak is the founder of Gravity Transformation, a website focused on giving tips and training guidance for people looking to improve their fitness and lose weight. His YouTube channel has over 4.8 million subscribers.
The video explains all 10 points in great depth, so that you can find out exactly how and when to implement them into your plans and life.
Check out 10 ways how to speed up weight loss below.
This involves dividing your days into “high” and “low” carb days which will help you to stay consistent and on track.
Sometimes your calories might be higher than the maintenance level on certain high carb days, but this will be balanced out by the lower carb days.
Less Calories 2 Days Per Week
Also known as the 5:2 dieting approach, this is another form of intermittent fasting where you eat less than 500 calories on the fasting days.
You can select consecutive days or intersperse them with regular eating days. This will also assist with lowering the total calories you eat, lower blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity . This final point will help you burn even more fat.
If the above point feels like it is working for you, then try extended fasting for anywhere from 36-42 hours.
Posternak suggests not to go above this range.
Eat Green Veggies or Salad Before Every Meal
This is a very interesting strategy. It can be a real game-changer for many people.
Eating green veggies or salad before every meal will help to fill you up with wholesome, healthy food before you even start digging into your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
They will satiate you with a relatively lower number of calories, making you feel full.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can increase the metabolism, helping to burn fat. This also decreases general appetite and lowers blood sugar levels.
Loaded with powerful antioxidants, green tea is a healthy way to stay hydrated and focused.
It also helps to boost the metabolism.
Green tea has several other health benefits, including:
- Antioxidant properties
- Improved brain function
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Fat loss
- Lowering risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lowering risk of some types of cancer
- Promoting oral health.
Extended Cardio or HIIT at the End of Every Workout
Either of the following methods can be a great way to further burn some extra calories.
- 30-minute of long duration steady state cardio (treadmill, stair climber, airdyne bike)
- 15-minute of HIIT (exercises back to back with no rest for a certain interval)
Adopting a More Aggressive Diet Plan
If you cut calories, your body will try to adjust to survive, so every once in a while you might want to be more aggressive on your diet plan.
If you have a lot of fat to lose, you could cut your calories somewhere between 40% of the calories you eat at the moment. “The key thing to keep in mind in order to make such deficit work is that you should listen to your body when you get really hungry and when that happens you should decrease your deficit on those days.”
Sleep is incredibly important when it comes to fat loss.
Sleep can help with weight loss in several ways:
- Regulates hormones: Poor sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate hunger and metabolism, such as leptin and ghrelin. Leptin signals the brain that you’re full, while ghrelin signals hunger. Good quality sleep helps regulate these hormones, reducing overeating and promoting weight loss.
- Boosts metabolism: Poor sleep can lead to a slower metabolism, while good quality sleep has been shown to boost metabolism and promote efficient calorie burn.
- Reduces stress: Sleep can help reduce stress, which is an important factor in weight management. Chronic stress can lead to increased cortisol levels, which can trigger overeating and weight gain.
- Increases physical activity: Good quality sleep has been shown to increase overall physical activity and reduce fatigue, leading to an increase in calorie burn and weight loss.
Therefore, getting 7-9 hours of good quality sleep each night is important for overall health and weight management. It’s also important to maintain a balanced diet and engage in regular exercise for best results in weight loss.
Consistency is the Key
Being consistent is absolutely vital when it comes to weight loss.
This really is one of the most pertinent foundational principles that will help you reach your goals.
Sadly, this is one of the hardest things for people to follow, because dieting for a week or a month can be achievable, but think about dieting for a full year.
Those are the arguments from Max Posternak on how to speed up weight loss. If you want to know more details about each of them, check out his video below.
5 step checklist to lose weight
How to get an incredible six pack
Best exercise to get rid of belly fat
- low carb salad dish: Jez Timms on Unsplash
- Sam-Kwant: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
- Noah-Ohlsen: CrossFit Inc