Losing weight. Who wouldn’t want that? You definitely do, otherwise, we don’t really know why you clicked here. Either way, unfortunately, there are a couple of things that you probably need to quit if you want to lose body fat and get leaner.
We’ve all been there when it comes to losing weight. We all want to do it at some point in our lives and we resort to success stories to follow the same path hoping to achieve the same result. Let’s be clear from the beginning and tell you there is one clear way to lower your body fat: be in a caloric deficit and do more exercises, respecting your body’s recovery process.
These 3 things you must quit if you want to lose body fat were shared in a video made by Mario Tomic, an entrepreneur who helps other busy working professionals get fit and build a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. Check it out.
3 Things You Must Quit if You Want to Lose Body Fat
Below you will see the 3 things you must quit if you want to lose body fat. And before we get to it, don’t assume the worst. This list has nothing to do with nutrition. Tomic is not advocating for you to give up sugar, carbs, fat, or anything like that.
These are more mental obstacles that you need to quit if you really want to get in the best shape of your life.
1. Instant Gratification
See what we mean? Tomic’s 1st thing you should quit if you want to lose body fat is instant gratification.
This is when you choose a small reward now instead of getting a bigger reward that would come later. An example of this is the marshmallow test done with kids in which they were asked not to eat a marshmallow in front of them and would get a second one later.
According to Tomic, this is something most successful people have, the will to fight instant gratification, to do the groundwork now and reap the benefits later. This is especially something you need to master when it comes to your nutrition.
That doesn’t mean you have to count your calories every single day and be on point going to the gym every single day. No. “You have to have the ability to have a boundary, to say no when it needs to be said. To make a certain decision and stick with that decision.”
That idea of perfection in your head needs to be tossed away. “If you think that you are perfect, if you think that you know everything, if you think that you don’t need to fail, you won’t be learning anything and you won’t be improving at all.”
If you think you already know how to lose weight, maybe think again. Yes, some things are fundamental, but there are many ways to reach your goal of losing body fat.
The more you learn, the more you realise how much more there is to learn. “There is no place for ego in this journey.”
3. The Fact That Someone Else Will Take Care of You
When speaking about food companies, Tomic explains that they are not on your side, but rather fighting for a share of your stomach.
“When profit is the goal, everything else falls to the side and that’s where your health is.”
If you don’t have your best interests in mind, if you don’t take care of this yourself, nobody will take care of this.
Click on the video below to get a full idea of his arguments for the 3 things you must quit if you want to lose body fat.
Losing belly fat can be difficult for several reasons:
- Genetics: Genetics can play a role in where your body stores fat. Some people are more prone to storing fat in their bellies, which can make it more difficult to lose.
- Hormones: Hormones, such as cortisol and insulin, can affect how your body stores fat, especially in the belly area. High levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone, can lead to increased belly fat.
- Age: As you age, your metabolism slows down, making it more difficult to lose weight and belly fat.
- Poor Diet: A diet high in processed foods, sugar, and saturated fats can contribute to increased belly fat. Eating a healthy diet is important for losing belly fat.
- Lack of Exercise: Exercise is crucial for burning calories and reducing belly fat. A sedentary lifestyle can make it more difficult to lose belly fat.
- Sleep: Lack of sleep can affect hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism, making it harder to lose belly fat.
Overall, losing belly fat can be difficult due to genetics, hormones, age, poor diet, lack of exercise, and lack of sleep. However, making lifestyle changes such as eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and managing stress can help reduce belly fat over time.
Metabolism refers to the chemical processes that occur within an organism to maintain life. It is an essential process that is responsible for converting food into energy, building and repairing tissues, and removing waste products from the body.
Metabolism is important for several reasons:
- Energy production: Metabolism is responsible for converting the food we eat into energy that our cells can use. This energy is necessary for all bodily functions, from breathing to walking.
- Tissue maintenance: Metabolism is also responsible for building and repairing tissues in the body. This includes the growth and repair of muscles, bones, and organs.
- Waste removal: Metabolism helps to eliminate waste products from the body, such as carbon dioxide, urea, and other toxins.
- Regulation of body weight: Metabolism plays a key role in regulating body weight. A slow metabolism can make it more difficult to lose weight, while a fast metabolism can help to burn more calories.
- Hormone production: Metabolism is responsible for the production of hormones, which are chemical messengers that regulate various bodily functions.
Overall, metabolism is a critical process for maintaining optimal health and wellness. A healthy metabolism helps to ensure that the body is functioning properly, which can help to prevent a variety of health problems.