The Barbell Row is one of the most effective assistance exercises you can do to increase your Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift. It will improve the strength of your back, hips and grip and even be useful for improving the power of your pull ups and muscle ups.
- To avoid back pain, keep your lower back neutral. Don’t let it round or you’ll squeeze your spinal discs.
- Don’t hold the bar in the air between reps or your back will tire and round.
- Rest the bar on the floor between reps.
- Set your lower back neutral before you Barbell Row the next rep.
- Snatch: Stevie D Photography