Rope climbs are one of those exercises that help you to build great overall strength, coordination and improve your performance for many other exercises.
They help you to build arm, back and core strength strength, develop a much stronger grip and increase stamina. Rope climbing is also a great way of improving your agility and proprioceptive skills.
Moreover, it is also good fun to hang above the floor and play the monkey for a while!
7 Rope Climb Workouts:
1. Rope Climb Workout from Thuri Helgadottir:
- 10 Parallette handstand push up (deficit of choice)
- 20 Over the box jump, 24/20″ 4
- Rope climbs
- 60 Double unders
- 8 (squat) clean @ 85/60kg (185/135lbs
“I did regionals style rope climbs (rope high off the ground) because I like to monkey”
2. Regionals Rope Climb Workout:
10 min cap:
- 21 Thrusters @ 95/65
- 3 Legless Rope Climbs
- 15 Thrusters
- 2 Legless Rope Climbs
- 9 Thrusters
- 1 Legless Rope Climb