CrossFit shoulder workouts are a great way to build upper body strength and improve your movement. They will also help to make your shoulders more resilient against injury. Check the link below to improve your mobility.
Exercises to Improve Shoulder Mobility
The shoulder is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body. The shoulder joint is formed where the humerus (upper arm bone) fits into the scapula (shoulder blade), like a ball and socket. Other important bones in the shoulder include:
- The acromion is a bony projection off the scapula.
- The clavicle (collarbone) meets the acromion in the acromioclavicular joint.
- The coracoid process is a hook-like bony projection from the scapula.
The shoulder has several other important structures:
- The rotator cuff is a collection of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder, giving it support and allowing a wide range of motion.
- The bursa is a small sac of fluid that cushions and protects the tendons of the rotator cuff.
- A cuff of cartilage called the labrum forms a cup for the ball-like head of the humerus to fit into.
The humerus fits relatively loosely into the shoulder joint. This gives the shoulder a wide range of motion, but also makes it vulnerable to injury.
UPPER BODY STRENGTH WOD
Rotator cuff tears are the most common cause of shoulder pain and disability in adults.
- female-crossfitter-press: RX'd Photography
- Shoulder-Workouts: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc