About the event
The Level 1 Certificate Course introduces the methodology, terminology, and movements foundational to CrossFit. The course is comprised of lectures, movement “break out” sessions for hands-on practice, and workouts. These elements enable participants to better apply the program for personal use and to begin training others with CrossFit.
This course has a 55 multiple-choice question written test at its conclusion. Those who meet the requirements below, which include passing the test, earn the designation of: CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. The test is non-mandatory: a Certificate of Attendance is for those declining to take the test and for those who fail the test. A Certificate of Attendance does not afford an individual the rights and privileges as those associated with a Level 1 Trainer Certificate.
- 9 AM to 5:30 PM each day with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Arrive at 8:30 AM on Day 1 to check in at the registration desk.
- The test occurs at the end of Day 2.
Requirements for the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Designation
Participants are eligible for the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer designation if they:
- Are at least 17 years old at the time of the test;
- Are in good standing with CrossFit Inc;
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 AM-5 PM both days), to include:
- 100% exposure to all lectures,
- 100% participation in all practical break out sessions,
- 100% participation in all workouts (All workouts can and will be scaled appropriately for individuals with special needs);
- Pass the Level 1 test in person.
The course will be held in English. Please see Section 3.3 of the Level 1 Participant Handbook for current offerings of languages for the written test.
What to Bring
- Printed, paper-copy version of the registration receipt
- Government issued photo ID
- Notebook and/ or updated Level 1 Training Guide
- Pen and #2 pencil w/ eraser
- Suitable clothes for working out
- Snacks and fluids, or a meal if you do not plan on going off-site during the lunch break
1) Read the Level 1 Participant Handbook.
- It contains the policies and procedures you must agree to during registration.
- It also contains test information, including number of questions, study tips, and sample test questions.
2) Study the updated Level 1 Training Guide.
- This will enhance your experience and prepare you for the Level 1 Test.
- The material on the test is derived from the Training Guide AND the course.