About the event
LANZAROTE THROWDOWNS 2014
The REEBOOK LANZAROTE THROWDOWNS 2013 was the first CrossFit held at national level in Spain, sponsored by Reebok and accepted within the CrossFit HQ programme. The event was attended by over 100 athletes, with a high rate of participants coming from Northern Europe. 5000 spectators turned up on November 30 at ‘Bodegas La Geria’ to watch the magnificent spectacle that all athletes offered surrounded by the volcanoes of this National Park. REEBOK LANZAROTE THROWDOWNS 2013 noted for its good organization and a tropical weather – an enviable average of 25 degrees during the winter season.
- LANZAROTE THROWDOWNS is a event national and international level. It takes place at ‘Bodegas La Geria’, in Yaiza, Lanzarote, on November 22-23, 2014.
- The event takes place at the Timanfaya National Park. The region has a stunning landscape, born of the fire of volcanos, surrounded by vineyards between volcanic craters.
- The challenge meets all the requirements of a high-level.
There will be two categories:
- Women’s teams (over 16 years old). Maximum of 40 teams.
- Men’s teams (over 16 years old). Maximum of 40 teams.
Each team consists of two members of the same sex.
- The test consists of 3 qualifying WODs on Saturday, 22 November. The day after, on Sunday 23, the top 24 teams in each category will compete in the semifinal. The best 8 teams in each category will get to the final.
- The registration fee is 80€ per team. Each team must fill in the registration form in advance.
All Athletes must register online here and complete an “Athlete Profile”. It is the Athlete’s sole responsibility to provide current, valid and truthful information, including email address, in order to receive notifications relevant to the competition.
* Registration opens September 10. The deadline to register is November 10, 2014.