BACK WORKOUTS 15.1
It is also important to think about your scapula and shoulders when warming up for training your back. Try these exercises to get prepped for these types of workouts:
Scapular Health: 4 Banded Mobility Exercises to Bulletproof Your Shoulders
If you still aren’t sure about exactly where to start, your coach should be the first point of contact.
BACK WORKOUTS – BODYBUILDING SUPERSETS
If you want to build a bigger back and more muscle, then try the following. Variety is important for training, so try adding these movements into your programming to keep your body guessing.
Deadlift variation workouts.
Workout A (Volume)
- 2 x 12 warmup set (20-30% of max)
- 5 x 12 deadlift (50% of max)
- 1 x 15 deadlift (60 % of max)
3 x 10 Romanian deadlift (40% of max) – Ensure you have good form and drop the weight if needed
Workout B (Weight)
- 1 x 10 warmup set (30-40% of max)
- 3 x 6 deadlift (70-75% of max)
- 2 x 5 deadlift (80% of max)
- 2 x 2-3 deadlift (85-90% of Max)
Workout C (Accessory)
This workout can replace the volume section on alternate weeks to keep your body adjusting.
- 3 x 5 finger grip pull ups
- 3 x 10 Romanian deadlifts (60% of max)
- 3 x 10 sumo deadlifts (70% of max)
- 50-100ft farmer walks with 80% of max deadlift weight grasped.
To improve your technique, check out this helpful video tutorial from Ben Bergeron.
- Back-Workouts: Photos courtesy of CrossFit Inc