3. CROSSFIT DUMBBELL EXERCISES – THE HANG CLEAN
The dumbbell hang clean offers less-technical exposure to the Olympic lifts while maintaining similar effects to its barbell counterpart.
Strength, power, speed, and coordination are challenged in concert. Done for reps at a moderate load, the dumbbell hang clean is a potent conditioning tool.
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Grip the center of the dumbbells
- Lumbar curve maintained
- Hips and shoulders rise at the same rate
- Hips extend rapidly
- Heels down until hips and legs extend
- Shoulders shrug, followed by a pull under with the arms
- Dumbbells are received in a full squat position (below parallel)
- Complete at full hip and knee extension with the dumbbells on the shoulders
- AMRAP in 12 minutes
- 10 Dumbbell Hang Cleans
- 10 Front Rack Reverse Lunges
- 20 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups