9. DRAGON FLAG SIT UP
- Lie on a bench with your arms bent and your elbows by your ears so that you can grip the top of the bench.
- Contract your abs and raise your legs up until your upper body naturally curls with it. If your ab strength allows, keep raising until your feet are over your shoulders.
- Lower your entire body down in a straight plank until you’re back to the start. You may need to roll your back out some of the way if you’re unable to do the full version.
Though the full version of the dragon flag requires you raise and lower your entire body from shoulders to feet as a single plank, you might need to modify until you build up core strength.
10. MEDICINE BALL V UPS
If regular V-ups weren’t challenging enough for you, add a medicine ball into the mix and you’ll really start to feel your abs fire up.
- Lie on your back, holding a medicine ball with both hands, arms extended over your head.
- On an exhale, lift both your legs and entire torso off the ground as you reach the medicine ball toward your toes.
- Bring the ball back over your head as you lower your back and legs to the ground.
- abs-workouts: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc