This excellent video and plan from Jeff at Athlean-X will help you get bigger arms in 22 days.
You will measure your arms on Day 1 and 22 in order to track your progress.
How to Get Bigger Arms in 22 Days – The Program
Each week is divided into 6 workouts and 1 rest day.
- 3 Biceps Workouts per week
- 3 Triceps Workouts per week
- 1 Rest Day
The 6 workouts on the first week are:
- Bicep Workout 1
- Tricep Workout 1
- Bicep Workout 2
- Tricep Workout 2
- Bicep Workout 3
- Tricep Workout 3
The weeks are organised as follows
- The first week is A
- The second week is B
- The third week is C
You then repeat each workout on the two subsequent weeks. You complete each workout 3 times in total.
The program is designed to fit with whatever program you are currently doing (Jeff explains this further in the video).
The programming is intelligently designed to establish a better mind muscle connection and add progressively harder stimulus with the use of pulses, additional weight and more reps over time.
What are Pulses?
Pulses are like micro extra reps at the point of main contraction. This helps to maximise time under tension and the mind muscle connection.
Progression Within the Program
You will return to each exercise on the following weeks (3 times in total throughout the full program). You will have to work harder each week in order to stimulate hypertrophy.
Here are the 6 workouts.
Biceps and Triceps Workout 1
- Biceps Exercise: Incline DB Waiter Curl for 4 sets of 9 reps
- Triceps Exercise: 4 sets of Bench Dips to failure
For the following weeks of Biceps 1 and Triceps 1, you will add additional pulses.
- Week 1 – Exercise as prescribed
- Week 2 – Exercise + 3 pulse contractions
- Week 3 – Exercise + 6 pulse contractions
These may seem like a small movement but when done well and done consistently they deliver big results.
Biceps and Triceps Workout 2
Biceps 2 and Triceps 2 are designed to add width and thickness.
- Biceps Exercise: Alt. Cross Body Hammer Curl, 4 sets of 12 reps with each arm
- Triceps Exercise: Tricep Pushdowns or Thumbs Up DB Bench Press
For Biceps 2 and Triceps 2, you must add additional reps as you move into the second and third week (see video for full details).
Biceps and Triceps Workout 3
Focus here is eccentric overload.
- Biceps Exercise: Cheat Curls with a slow eccentric of 3 seconds for 3-4 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Exercise: PJR Pullover
The progression protocols remain the same as the biceps: 3 seconds on day 7, 4 seconds on day 14, and the 5-3 second regression on day 21
Rest Pause Reps
The program is designed to be hard because you have to add reps each week. If you struggle then use rest pauses.
This means that you rest during the set (whilst holding the weight) then continue lifting until you have completed the set.
How to Get Bigger Arms in 22 Days – Video
How to Get Bigger Arms in 22 Days – Full Plan
Here are screenshots:
Check out the perfect Chest Workout in 20 minutes.
- Bicep workouts: Photos courtesy of CrossFit Inc
- Nick-Delgrande-WZA: PNP Supplements