Can you get shredded in 30 days? What are some realistic results? Keep scrolling to find out.
“Getting shredded” is a fitness term that refers to achieving an exceptionally low body fat percentage, typically to the point where the muscles are highly defined and visible. It’s a goal often pursued by individuals in the fitness community who aim to showcase their muscularity and achieve a chiselled, sculpted appearance. The process involves losing excess body fat through a combination of calorie restriction, strategic macronutrient manipulation, and rigorous training.
The journey to getting shredded requires meticulous attention to diet and nutrition. Individuals often adopt a caloric deficit, consuming fewer calories than their body needs to prompt fat loss. This is complemented by a high-protein diet to preserve muscle mass while shedding fat. Additionally, manipulating macronutrients, such as adjusting the intake of carbohydrates and fats, plays a crucial role in optimizing energy levels and supporting the body’s metabolic processes.
Training is a vital component of the “getting shredded” process. Workouts are structured to prioritize fat burning and muscle definition. Cardiovascular exercises and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) are commonly incorporated to enhance calorie expenditure. Strength training remains integral to maintain muscle mass and contribute to the desired aesthetic. The journey to getting shredded is not just physical; it demands mental resilience, discipline, and a commitment to a lifestyle that prioritizes health, fitness, and aesthetic goals.
So what are these realistic results about getting shredded in 30 days? That is when we turn to Will Tennyson’s expertise and personal experience.
Will Tennyson is a Canadian YouTuber who uploads fitness routines, nutrition advice and lifestyle content on his channel which has more than 2 million subscribers. He struggled with body image as a younger kid but has since bounced back after discovering weightlifting and he wants to make people as enthusiastic about fitness and wellness as he is.
How to Get Shredded in 30 Days (Realistic Results)
Over the past couple of months, people commented on his YouTube channel that Will Tennyson had undergone a significant transformation, having put on 20 pounds. While enjoying the freedom of eating what he wanted, when he wanted, and in abundant quantities, he found himself facing lethargy, skin issues, and dissatisfaction with his appearance outside the gym. Determined to make a change, Will committed to a 30-day cut, documenting his journey and sharing the details of his diet and training regimen.
Will embarked on this transformation with a starting weight of 195.2 pounds (88.5 kg) and a daily calorie intake of 2500. However, he quickly realized the deficit was too low, causing rapid weight loss. Adjusting on day six by increasing his calories to 2750, he found a more sustainable pace. Throughout the 30 days, he navigated fluctuations in weight, understanding the multifaceted nature of factors influencing it, such as sleep, stress, and even changes in coffee consumption.
In terms of training, Will maintained his commitment to preserving muscle mass, making adjustments only in the final week to accommodate the increased fatigue from reduced calorie intake. Top sets became a focal point in his workouts, allowing him to stimulate his muscles efficiently while managing fatigue. Will also shared insights into his dietary choices, emphasizing the importance of structured meals during a cut to promote adherence. He showcased a typical day’s menu, highlighting the balance of protein, carbs, and fats to keep him on track.
After 30 days, he was weighing 183.6 pounds (83.2 kg) meaning he lost 11.6 pounds (5.3 kilos) in just 30 days.
As Will persevered through the challenges of a cut, he emphasized the significance of mindset and flexibility. Acknowledging the inevitable moments of hunger and fatigue, he encouraged viewers to stay committed to their goals while enjoying the journey. The transformation, as Will aptly put it, may be tough, but the view at the end is undoubtedly worth the climb.
Watch the video below to see Will Tennyson explain himself how to get shredded in 30 days with realistic results.
The process of body recomposition (losing fat while gaining muscle) typically involves the following key components:
- Resistance Training: Engaging in regular strength training exercises helps stimulate muscle growth and development. It involves performing exercises using weights, resistance bands, or bodyweight to challenge and overload the muscles, leading to hypertrophy (muscle growth) over time.
- Caloric Balance: Body recomposition requires paying attention to calorie intake and expenditure. To lose body fat while gaining muscle, you generally need to maintain a slight caloric deficit (consuming fewer calories than you burn) while ensuring an adequate intake of nutrients to support muscle growth and recovery.
- Protein Intake: Sufficient protein consumption is crucial for muscle building and repair. A higher protein intake helps support muscle protein synthesis and can aid in preserving lean muscle mass during the fat-loss phase.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Incorporating cardio exercises, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can help increase calorie expenditure and support overall fat loss. However, it’s important to balance cardiovascular exercise with resistance training to ensure muscle preservation and growth.
- Progressive Overload: To continue making progress during body recomposition, it’s essential to progressively increase the intensity, volume, or resistance of your workouts over time. This progressive overload principle challenges your muscles and stimulates further growth.
It’s important to note that body recomposition is a gradual process that requires consistency, patience, and individual adjustments based on your body’s response. It may not happen as quickly as solely focusing on fat loss or muscle gain, but it can lead to long-term changes in body composition, overall strength, and aesthetics. Consulting with a qualified fitness professional or nutritionist can provide personalized guidance to help you achieve your body recomposition goals safely and effectively.