How to lose weight fast – By knowing what and what not to eat, you will maximize your efforts trying to lose belly fat. Calorie balance is an essential aspect of this understanding.
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT FAST – UNDERSTANDING CALORIE BALANCE
Calorie balance is the ratio between calories taken in and calories expended in any one individual at any given time. This is the MOST IMPORTANT factor when it comes to changing your weight. What you actually need on a daily basis will be individual to you based on your age, lifestyle and fitness habits.
There are 3 states of calorie balance:
- Negative calorie balance (hypocaloric diet)
- Calorie balance (eucaloric diet)
- Positive Calorie balance (hypercaloric diet)
It is impossible to be in more than one of these states at any one time.
- A negative calorie balance will always result in weight loss. “Even though body water alterations may occasionally mask this loss of tissue, it is always going to occur, with ZERO exceptions so far discovered.”
- A eucalorie balance means that the athlete will not gain or lose weight because they expend as many calories as they consume.
- A positive calorie balance means that the individual is consuming more calories than they are using.
EATING THE RIGHT MACRO NUTRIENTS
The second most important aspect is making sure that you are eating the correct amount of macronutrients that your body needs. Macronutrients consist of:
- Protein (4 calories per gram)
- Fat (9 calories per gram)
- Carbohydrates (4 calories per gram)
There is technically a 4th, alcohol, but I’m not going into that one specifically. However if you drink alcohol, you should know that 1 gram of alcohol has 7 calories and they do count. They just won’t build muscle.
The seven tips below will guide you on your way to proper nutrition and efficient weight loss.
1. Cut Sugars and Starches
The most crucial part to cut off in your diet when trying to lose weight is carbohydrates (starches). To give you a little bit of a background, insulin is responsible for storing your fat. Insulin-release is also stimulated when you eat too much sugar that comes from starch or carbohydrates.
The more sugar you eat, the more your body releases insulin, and the more it stores fat. But when insulin goes down, you don’t give your body a lot of chance to store up on fat, making it burn more to fuel your body instead.
Another benefit of lowered your insulin level is that it allows your kidneys to do what they are supposed to do – and that is to get rid of excess sodium and water in your body. Excess sodium causes you to bloat up and store the water as weight exces. As soon as you get rid of carbohydrates on the first few weeks of your diet, you will notice you are losing more weight than expected.