Burpees are an intense exercise that combine push-ups and squat jumps into one physically demanding activity.
- Burpees are dynamic and fast paced and can be a great addition to any training session
- Improving your conditioning and respiratory endurance quickly
- Burpees require no equipment and you can literally do them anywhere
- Strength-building – you will work your arms, chest, quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and core
Step 1: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, weight in your heels, and your arms at your sides.
Step 2: Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body into a squat.
Step 3: Place your hands on the floor directly in front of, and just inside, your feet. Shift your weight onto them.
Step 4: Jump your feet back to softly land on the balls of your feet in a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from your head to heels. Be careful not to let your back sag or you butt Step 5: stick up in the air, as both can keep you from effectively working your core.
Step 6: Jump your feet back so that they land just outside of your hands.
Step 7: Reach your arms over head and explosively jump up into the air.
Step 8: Land and immediately lower back into a squat for your next rep.
- d-ball crossfit workouts christian lucero: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.