SHOULDER WARM UP
John Singleton: “Within CrossFit we utilise the shoulder girdle in the majority of movements we do. Therefore your ability to control its movement is crucial to your performance and shoulder health. This exercise can help develop that control and awareness.”
- Keep the elbows extended and utilise the scapular to initiate the movement.
- In the video you can see asymmetry between my left and right sides, they should look symmetrical (work in progress…).
- Begin with the feet on the floor before progressing to a full hang.
- Start with 20-30 repetitions each direction as part of your daily warm-up.
- Some athletes can really struggle with this exercise, especially the co-ordination. They obviously therefore should practice.