DANI SPEEGLE’S TOP 10 TIPS FOR THE CROSSFIT OPEN
1. Don’t freak out. It’s just another day in the gym; doing another workout.
2. Don’t change anything in your normal routine just because you’re doing an open workout. Don’t change your diet, your warm up routine, your day. Just walk into the gym like it’s any other day because IT IS.
3. Know if you plan on doing the workout once or twice and set up time to do just that.
4. Have a support system. The open is all about the community within a gym and it brings people together and it’s a time of year where incredible things happen. Let your fellow members cheer you on, workout with you-let the magic happen.
5. Smile before you start each workout. Remember that you love what you’re doing and no matter the outcome of the workout you’re doing this for YOU.
6. Don’t be too hard on yourself. The open makes amazing things happen but it always seems to also bring about a lot of doubt. Keep in mind that there are 5 workouts, and not every workout is going to go your way. And that’s ok.
7. Have a plan B. You go into workout saying “ok I’m going to do this unbroken, and then I’m going to do this, this, and this” and then all of a sudden you’re in the workout and it’s not going according to plan so you start freaking out and getting into your own head, and mentally giving up. Don’t do that. Have a back up plan, and another one and realise that you might have to jump ship on your original plan.
8. Don’t leaderboard your life away.
9. EAT. Fuel your body for the workout, and help it recover after!
I LOVED this workout today? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
10 rounds: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
12 hang dumbbell snatch (70/50) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
30ft unbroken handstand walk ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I put a dumbbell on each side of my 30ft section to push myself to keep moving and not use the transition as rest cause I have a nasty habit of doing that???
View this post on Instagram