Top tips from Rich Froning for CrossFit open Workout 19.5.
The Movement Standards for CrossFit Open Workout 19.5 are hugely important for you to know and understand if you want to avoid no reps and save energy.
Movement Standards for CrossFit Open Workout 19.5
CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 19.5
33-27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Time cap: 20 minutes
- Men 95lb
- Women 65lb
How to Scale CrossFit Open Workout 19.5
- Plates to load to the appropriate weight for your division*
- Pull-up bar
*The official weight is in pounds. For your convenience, the minimum acceptable weights in kilograms are 43 kg (95 lb.), 29 kg (65 lb.), 20 kg (45 lb.) and 15 kg (35 lb.).
For each workout, be sure the athlete has adequate space to safely complete all the movements. Clear the area of all extra equipment, people or other obstructions.
Any athlete who in any way alters the equipment or movements described in this document or shown in the workout standards video may be disqualified from the competition.
VIDEO SUBMISSION STANDARDS
Prior to starting, film the pull-up bar, plates and barbell to be used so the loads can be seen clearly. All video submissions should be uncut and unedited in order to accurately display the performance. Your judge and a clock or timer with the running workout time should be clearly visible throughout the entire workout. Shoot the video from an angle so all exercises can be clearly seen meeting the movement standards. Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected due to the visual distortion these lenses cause.
THE OPEN: QUICK STATS
This five-week, five-workout competition is held in CrossFit affiliates around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Anyone who’s at least 14 years old can sign up and join in the first stage of the CrossFit Games season.
- In 2016, 324,000 athletes participated in the worldwide CrossFit Open—the first stage of competition. From there, 260 athletes—40 men, 40 women and 30 teams of 6—moved on to eight Regional events where the top five in each category would earn an invitation to the Games.
- in 2017 there were more than 380,000 participants in the CrossFit Open.
- In 2018, 429,157 athletes completed at least one workout from the CrossFit Open
- Rich-Froning: CrossFit Inc