The CrossFit Open Workout 19.5 live announcement will be a clash of champions, Mat Fraser vs Tia Clair Toomey. This is the battle that everyone has been waiting for!
CrossFit Open Workout 19.5 – Tia-Clair Toomey
Tia won the 2017 and 2018 CrossFit Games. She competed in the women’s 58 kg event at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in the Gold Coast and won gold. She also competed at The Olympics in Rio in 2016, finishing in 14th. This was only weeks after placing second at the 2016 CrossFit Games.
“So pumped to be heading to Miami next week for the 19.5 announcement with Mat Fraser”
CrossFit Open Workout 19.5 – Mat Fraser
Mat Fraser is the unstoppable dominant Juggernaut in CrossFit right now. He has won The CrossFit Games for the last 3 years running, and he has a formidable background of strength and weightlifting. This gives him a tremendous advantage over many of his other competitors.
- He was 13 years old when he won his first national title in weightlifting
- In 2003, 2005 and 2007 he was the school age champion
- Mat became the junior national champion in 2009
On the day he graduated from high school he moved to Colorado and began to train full time as an Olympic Weightlifter. Within one year he was Snatching 130kg and Clean and Jerking 160kg (at 77kg bodyweight).
Who do you think will win? Toomey or Fraser?
Make sure you are properly fueled for CrossFit Open Workout 19.4 with the following foods:
10 Healthy Pre-Workout Energy Foods For The CrossFit Open
2019 CROSSFIT OPEN
New for 2019, the CrossFit Games Open will be the single largest qualifier of athletes to the 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games. The top 20 men, 20 women and the fittest male and female in each country will receive an invite to the Games in Madison.
This handy link below provides you with a quick resource to identify and include many different types of protein in your diet to ensure you can recover well, build muscle and perform well throughout the entire competition and beyond. Recovery is absolutely vital during The CrossFit Open so that you can consistently perform throughout the whole 5 weeks of fun.
OPEN NUTRITION CHECKLIST – 20 Healthy Protein Sources for Muscle Growth and Recovery
THE OPEN: QUICK STATS
This five-week, five-workout competition is held in CrossFit affiliates around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Anyone who’s at least 14 years old can sign up and join in the first stage of the CrossFit Games season.
- In 2016, 324,000 athletes participated in the worldwide CrossFit Open—the first stage of competition. From there, 260 athletes—40 men, 40 women and 30 teams of 6—moved on to eight Regional events where the top five in each category would earn an invitation to the Games.
- in 2017 there were more than 380,000 participants in the CrossFit Open.
- In 2018, 429,157 athletes completed at least one workout from the CrossFit Open.
- CrossFit-open-Workout-19.5: WODAPALOOZA