CrossFit has revealed two more workouts individual elite athletes will have to go through at the 2022 CrossFit Games. Check it out.
Yesterday we were presented with the first workout for individuals titled The Capitol and CrossFit also announced that all divisions will participate in a swim event.
Individual Workouts for the 2022 CrossFit Games
Event 1 – Bike to Work
75 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Time cap: 50 minutes
Venue: North Park
For the bike portion of this event, athletes will leave the North Park and ride 5 laps of a 1-mile course.
Event 2A/2B – Shuttle to Overhead
From 0:00-2:00 (2 minutes)
Run 400 m
Rest 1 minute
From 3:00-6:00 (3 minutes)
Run 600 m
Rest 2 minutes
From 8:00-12:00 (4 minutes)
Run 800 m
Women: 200 lb
Men: 300 lb
Time cap: 2, 3, 4 minutes
Venue: North Park
* Note: This event will be scored as two separate 100-point events. Shuttle to Overhead A will be the athlete’s total time to complete the 3 runs. Shuttle to Overhead B will be the total number of jerks completed across the 3 rounds.
Event 5 – The Capitol
20 Pig flips
200-m Jerry bag carry
200-m Husafell carry
Women: 350-lb Pig, (2) 70-lb Jerry bags, 150-lb Husafell
Men: 510-lb Pig, (2) 100-lb Jerry bags, 200-lb Husafell
Workouts Scheduled To Be Announced
This year, unlike previously, individuals will have to go through more workouts compared to teams.
- Men and women = 13 events
- Teams = 11 events
CrossFit has also chosen to release information regarding the events hours before it takes place. Here is how it will happen:
- August 3 = events 3 and 4 announced (afternoon)
- August 5 = event 6 (morning), event 7 (afternoon) event 8 (late afternoon)
- August 6 = event 9 (morning), event 10 (afternoon), event 11 (evening)
- August 7 = events 12 and 13 announced (morning)
- Workouts Revealed: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.