AMRAP CrossFit Workouts – THE CHIEF
- Five 3-minute AMRAPs in 19 minutes
- AMRAP in 3 minutes
- 3 Power Cleans (135/95 lbs)
- 6 Push-Ups
- 9 Air Squats
Then Rest 1 minute
Repeat 5 times
Complete as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) in 3 minutes of the prescribed work in the order written, then rest 1 minute. Repeat five times.
– Official scoring: After each 3-minute cycle, start over. Record the score (rounds+reps) individually for each of the five AMRAPs.*
– Common scoring: After each 3-minute cycle, start where you left off at the end of the previous cycle. Record total rounds and reps completed.
Source: RX'd Photography
Good Scores for “The Chief” (common method)
– Beginner: 11-15 rounds
– Intermediate: 16-21 rounds
– Advanced: 22-27 rounds
– Elite: 28+ rounds
*For the ‘official’ scoring method, @crossfitbtwb shared how they calculate and compare scores by converting each round’s score to a fraction. For example: 1 round = (3/3 PC’s + 6/6 PU’s + 9/9 Squats)/3. If you got 2 rounds on the first cycle, but on cycle 2 you only got through 1 round + (3/3 PC’s + 6/6 PU’s + 4/9 Squats)/3, you did 1.815 rounds for the second cycle. Total score would be sum of the scores from each AMRAP.
AMRAP CrossFit Workouts – Scaling Options
“The Chief” is meant to be performed fast. This WOD has built-in rest so athletes can push hard during the work phase. The load should feel moderate. Scale the load, the volume, or the skill level so you can perform unbroken sets throughout the workout.
3 Minute AMRAP
3 Power Cleans (75/55 lb)
6 Incline Push-Ups
9 Air Squats
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.