Find out how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly.
Changing looks is arguably the main reason why most people do exercises and diets. Is there a fast track to looking jacked, shredded, ripped, or whatever other term you want to use? Yes.
But, and it’s a big one, this process is not going to be fun and don’t try to make it consistently as it is not sustainable in the long term. Although it is possible as we use the expertise of Mike Israetel.
Dr Mike Israetel has a PhD in Sport Physiology and is the co-founder of Renaissance Periodization, a YouTube channel focused on hypertrophy. He is the person many bodybuilders turn to when it comes to anything related to building muscle.
He discussed how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly. Here are his main arguments.
How To Make The Biggest Visual Change To Your Body Quickly
So, how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly? Or why would you even want that if it isn’t sustainable? As a piece of background information, Israetel shared his ideas with some Hollywood people who needed the actor to get in the best shape possible in the least amount of time. Israetel also says this could be useful if you are in a body transformation contest.
First of all, some ground rules that you should know about to understand how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly:
- Fat loss is better than muscle gain when it comes to drastically changing how you look
- Anything less than a month is probably too short – at least 4 weeks, up to 6 weeks
- It will be brutal – lots of training, physical activity and not enough eating
- Peaking is crucial for that best final look
- Not sustainable – have an after-diet plan
As straightforward as possible, the following method is quite similar to the “getting shredded for Spring break” guide.
- Protein – eat your body weight in pounds of protein (if you weigh 200 pounds, eat 200 grams of protein per day)
- Carbs – 5-10 grams per day, but only eat carbs coming from veggies
- Fats – nothing, just whatever is coming from your protein source (like salmon, which is a fatty fish, but stay away from pork sausage for example)
- 4 meals a day – the first one 3 hours after waking up and the last one just before going to bed
- 5-6 days of training per week
- Full-body workouts
- High volume training
- Train sets with 1-3 reps in reserve
- Short rest interval are ok for efficiency
- Goal is to not get weaker, so try to match the weight and reps throughout the weeks as when you started
- Sets of 10-30 reps – sets of 5-8 are fine, but they cause a high level of systemic fatigue for not as much caloric output
- Aim for 15K-20K steps every day
- Or 10K and an hour in the elliptical machine or jogging at a barely-sustainable pace
- Pre-workout is helpful because you won’t have much energy by not eating that much food
- Take vitamins, minerals, 5g of creatine monohydrate
- Take coffee/caffeine early in the day if you like
If you want to look the leanest and the most muscular looking, here are some ideas that you should incorporate.
The Day Before the Big Look:
- Reduce fluid intake to a minimum – just enough to get the food down
- Consume only trace sodium and fibre
- Consume normal amounts of protein, but increase carbs (4x your body weight in pounds) and fats (50% of your body weight in pounds)
On the day of your photo shoot or whatever it is you planned for that you needed to understand how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly, you will be looking the best you can (if you followed everything above accordingly).
After all this torture is done, you need to get slowly back to normal by following these guidelines:
- The day after – eat as much as you want, but keep junk food to a minimum
- The week after – begin normal training and switch to normal eating
This is only a “crash course” on how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly. If you want long, sustainable fat loss, then keep it traditional by eating slightly less calories than your maintenance and increasing your physical activity.
And that was Israetel’s advice on how to make the biggest visual change to your body quickly. To further understand the procedure of it all, click on the video below
VIDEO – How To Make The Biggest Visual Change To Your Body Quickly
Check out more content from BOXROX:
Ultimate Guide On How to Get Shredded – Steps to Lower Your Body Fat Percentage Every Time
How to Keep Making Gains in the Gym as a Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced Lifter
How to Combine HIIT and LISS to Lose Fat Faster
Top Training Programs to Gain Size and Mass
Beginner’s Guide to A Six-Pack – Eating and Training Tips
- transformation-danielle-brandon-before-crossfit: Danielle Brandon
- Dumbbel bicep curl: Andrea Piacquadio / Pexels
- Table full of food: Karolina Grabowska on Pexels