The CrossFit Open Workout 20.1 movement standards have been released.
CrossFit Open Workout 20.1
10 rounds for time of:
- 8 ground-to-overheads, 95 lb.
- 10 bar-facing burpees
♀ 65 lb. ♂ 95 lb.
Time cap: 15 minutes
CrossFit Open Workout 20.1 movement standards
GROUND TO OVERHEAD
• Every rep begins with the barbell on the ground.
• Any variation of a snatch or clean and jerk is acceptable.
• Touch and go is permitted, but deliberately bouncing the barbell is not.
• Dropping from overhead is OK, but the bar must settle on the ground before the next rep.
• If using an empty barbell, or a barbell with smallerthan-standard bumper plates, each rep must begin with the barbell clearly below the knees.
The rep is counted when:
• The barbell is at full lockout overhead, with the hips, knees, and arms fully extended.
• The barbell is directly over or slightly behind the middle of the body.
• Note: If a split-style lift is used, both feet must be brought back in line to finish the rep.
• Must use a barbell with 18-inch plates.
• Must be performed perpendicular to and facing the barbell.
• May jump or step back to reach the bottom position.
• Chest and thighs must touch the ground with the head behind the barbell.
• Hands and feet must remain inside the width of the plates.
• Stepping and/or jumping back to the starting position are both permitted.
• Must jump over the barbell using a two-foot takeoff.
Touching the bar, single-legged jumping, or stepping over is not permitted.
• Scaled divisions may step over the bar.
• The rep is credited when both feet have touched the ground on the opposite side of the barbell.
• No need to land with both feet at the same time.
• Must be perpendicular to and facing the barbell before starting the next rep.
• If a “no rep” is received for any reason, the entire rep must be repeated.
2020 CrossFit Open dates
The CrossFit Games Open will be the single largest qualifier of athletes to the 2020 CrossFit Games. The top 20 men, 20 women and the fittest male and female in each country will receive an invite to the Games in Madison.
Each weekly workout will be released on Thursday at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. Athletes will have until the following Monday at 5 p.m. PT to complete the workout and submit a score.
The 2020 CrossFit Open kicked off on Thursday, Oct. 10. Subsequent workouts will be released at 5 p.m. PT on Oct. 17, Oct. 24, Oct. 31, and Nov. 7. The 2020 Open will close on Monday, Nov. 11, at 5 p.m. PT.
- CrossFit-Open-Workout-20.1-movement-standards: Squats and Pixels