This excellent video will show you a wide selection of shoulder exercises ranked worst to best.
Jeff from Athlean-X explains his ranking process,”…we have to lay out the criteria for the shoulder exercise selections.
The first thing is that it has to be a multi-dimensional exercise if possible.
This means, if it is only good at hypertrophy but provides no opportunity for overload and for building progressive strength, then it is not going to rank up there with the exercises for shoulders that do a good job at both.
Furthermore, if the exercise is harmful to the shoulder joint or can cause shoulder injury over time, it is simply not going to rank high no matter what type of short term benefits it can provide the person that does it.”
16 Shoulder Exercises Ranked Worst to Best
Scroll down to check out the order then watch the video to expand your knowledge and become a better and more educated lifter.
1. Upright Rows
2. Cuban Press
3. Behind the Neck Press
4. Pour the Pitcher Side Lateral Raises
5. DB Pressouts – Front Delts
6. DB Cheat Laterals – Middle Delts
7. DB Reverse Flys – Rear Delts
8. Arnold Presses – Front Delts
9. Abduction Rows – Middle Delts
10. Facepulls – Rear Delts
11. DB Scoop Press – Front Delts
12. Side Lateral Raises – Middle Delts
13. Hip Huggers – Rear delts
14. DB Front Raise – Front Delts
15. Cable Lateral Raises – Middle Delts
16. Rear Delt Rows – Rear Delts
Learn more about each one, what it does, how it works and whether or not you should include it in your training.
Check out the perfect chest workout in only 20 minutes.