The second workout for the International Online Qualifier (IOQ) was announced last night in Argentina, home of the newly sanctioned event SouthFit CrossFit Challenge.
The IOQ officially kicked off yesterday, Wednesday 21, with all divisions, scaling options and standards released. Athletes will also be able to submit their scores now and have until Monday 26 to do so.
Check out the second qualifying workout:
16 Minutes AMRAP
- 40 Alternating Dumbbell Snatch (50/35lb)
- 40 Pull-Ups
- 30 Dumbbell Burpees
- 30 Chest To Bar Pull-Up
- 20 Devil Press
- 20 Bar Muscle Up
View this post on Instagram
Here it is, your second Individual #CAGOQ & #IOQ Workout. WOD 2: 16 Minutes AMRAP 40 Alternating Dumbbell Snatch 50/35 40 Pull-Ups 30 Dumbbell Burpees 30 Chest To Bar Pull-Up 20 Devil Press 20 Bar Muscle Up Full workout details through the link in our bio! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ And don’t forget… registration is open through Monday, August 26th, 8PM EST — sign up before scores are due! ————————————————- Le voilà! Le deuxième entraînement individuel des CAGOQ & IOQ. Vous trouverez tous les détails du plan d’entraînement via le lien en bio, et surtout n’oubliez pas de vous inscrire avant lundi le 26 août, 20h! Date limite = avant la remise des pointages!
Jacob Heppner put together a ‘tips, strategy and pacing’ video for the first workout. Chech it out:
HOW TO QUALIFY TO OTHER SANCTIONALS
And more useful information.
So far, thirteen Sanctionals have announced their qualification process, number of athletes and final dates.
Now on their second year, Sanctionals have grown from 15 events to 28, and will be taking place all over the world.
As Regionals used to do, some sanctioned events have opted to use the Open as means to qualify to their finals.
Sanctionals using the Open as a qualifier:
- Dubai CrossFit Championship (Dubai 11-14 Dec. 2019)
- The Dubai CrossFit® Championship Finals will host thirty male, thirty female athletes and 10 teams that successfully complete the online qualifier.
- In depth information on the qualification process here.
- CrossFit Strength in Depth (London 24-26 Jan. 2020)
- 40 males and 40 females, as well as 20 teams will be competing in the Elite division at SiD
- Of the 40 individual elite places available, 35 athletes will progress from the CFSiD leaderboard, with 5 wildcard invites in 2020⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
35 athletes = Top 10 UK athletes ?? + Top 25 CFSiD leaderboard ?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
20 team spaces are up for grabs, 16 from CFSiD leaderboard plus the 4 winners from our UK event alliance.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Registration will open Thursday 12th September 2019.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
To be in contention to qualify for CrossFit®SiD 2020, all Elite athletes must register through the Strength in Depth website prior the the close of Open workout 20.1, Monday 14th October 2019.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Athletes will be ranked based on their open score against all athletes who have registered for CrossFit SiD, not their overall Open score.
- Norwegian CrossFit Championship (Norway 14-16 Feb. 2020)
- Do the CrossFit Open workout in the same time window as Open.
- Submit your Score on NCC OQ Leaderboard
- Wait for the next workout to be released by CrossFit.
- Repeat this process during the whole Open period.
- Australian CrossFit Championship (Australia 5-8 Mar. 2020)
- More information coming soon.
- Brazil CrossFit Championship (Brazil 6-8 Mar. 2020)
- The Sanctional is using the Open workouts as a qualifier, but athletes don’t necessarily have to be registered for the Open itself, just the BCC Online Qualifier if they want to attend this Sanctional.
- Reykjavík CrossFit Championship (Iceland 13-15 Mar. 2020)
- Down Under CrossFit Championship (22-24 May 2020)
- 80 male, 80 females and 40 will be accepted to compete at the 2020 event
- Fill out an expression of interest here.
The Open begins in 50 days. https://t.co/NBYmCnfIab
— The CrossFit Games (@CrossFitGames) August 21, 2019
Sanctionals using the International Online Qualifier
- CrossFit Filthy 150 (Ireland 22-24 Nov. 2019)
- SouthFit CrossFit Challenge (Argentina 6-8 Dec. 2019)
- Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival (Miami 20-23 Feb. 2020)
- CrossFit Atlas Games (Canada 13-15 Mar. 2020)
Read more about the International Online Qualifier, qualifying spots and divisions here.
Other qualification processes:
- CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town
- Spots will be filled in the order of the following:
- Defending Champions from CrossFit® FiCT19
- The Top 10 Individual Female & Male and Top 5 Teams from the CrossFit® Games 2019
- The Top 10 Individual Female & Male athletes from the CrossFit® Open 2020
- Remaining spots will be filled through the FiCT 2020 Online Qualifier
- Like last year we will hold a 10 day Online Qualifier where 3 separate Q-WODs will be release on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th of November 2019. All 3 WOD’s must be completed with video submission before the deadline on the 2nd of December 2019.
- More info here.
- The CrossFit Italian Showdown has its own on-site pre-selection competition.
View this post on Instagram
We are proud to announce that CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town will be returning to the beautiful Green Point Athletic Stadium for our 2020-event that will take place in various locations all over the beautiful city of Cape Town the 6-9th of February 2020. Like previous years we are excited to put together a competition that will put the individual athletes & teams through a very broad and inclusive fitness test aimed at finding the truly fittest. — DIVISIONS. CrossFit FiCT 2020 will have a few changes to previous format where we are offering the following divisions available to qualify for: – Women’s & Men’s Individual Division, 30 athletes in each. – Team CrossFit FiCT2020 Division, 25 Teams* – NEW: Separate FiCT 2020 Community Series, 50 Box Teams in a ONE Day Competition with 3 events at Clifton 4th Beach. (*Top 5 also earns a Free entry to the Team CrossFit FiCT – 2020 Main Event Division). – NEW: Individual Teens Division, (15-17 years old) 8-9th of February. – NEW: Individual Masters Division (+40 years old) 8-9th of February. —— QUALIFICATION PROCESSES. There will be no wild cards for FiCT 2020, but we will however use past performances at CrossFit FiCT2019 (winners), the CrossFit Games 2019 (top 10 individuals + top 5 teams), and the October CrossFit Games Open (top 10) as a qualification system where top ranked athletes will earn an invitation to accept or decline before the CrossFit FiCT 2020 Online Qualifiers starts. — FiCT 2020 ONLINE QUALIFIER. Like last year we will hold a 10 day Online Qualifier where 3 separate Q-WODs will be release on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th of November 2019. All 3 WOD’s must be completed with video submission before the deadline on the 2nd of December 2019. —- More info can be read in the post on our webpage [link in bio]. #CrossFitSanctionals #FittestinCapeTown #FiCT20