Semifinals begin this Thursday with the age group first on the line. Tests have been revealed for all ages and the online competition runs from Friday through Sunday Pacific Time.
If you are part of the top 30 men and top 30 women in each of the age divisions worldwide during Quarterfinals, it is time to hit the competition floor once again. And again, it is online.
CrossFit revealed yesterday evening the workouts that every age group will have to endure to continue their path to the CrossFit Games in August.
Although we know what the events look like, athletes will not be able to perform until Friday. That is because, according to an announcement from CrossFit, “athletes will be emailed a specific password at the start of each competition window and will be required to state the password in their video of each test to verify specific tests are completed within their designated competition window.”
The competition window is as follows:
- Friday, April 28 at 12 p.m. (noon) PT until Saturday, April 29 at 12 p.m. (noon) PT.
- Saturday, April 29 at 12 p.m. (noon) PT until Sunday, April 30 at 12 p.m. (noon) PT
Age Group Semifinal Tests
Here are the 2023 CrossFit age group Semifinal tests.
Note: not all tests will follow the 100-point system. Tests 1B and 3B will reward a maximum of 50 points to the winner. The point scoring table for both systems is below:
Related: Top 5 Hardest CrossFit Open Workouts Ever
Tests 1A and 1B
Test 1A – For Time:
- 1,000m row
- 100 double-unders
- 20 50-ft shuttle runs (15.24m)
- 750m row
- 75 double-unders
- 15 50-ft shuttle runs (15.24m)
- 500m row
- 50 double-unders
- 10 50-ft shuttle runs (15.24m)
- 250m row
- 25 double-unders
- 5 50-ft shuttle runs (15.24m)
Time Cap: 25 Minutes
Immediately following Test 1A, complete this 3 Minutes AMRAP:
- Snatch (225/155lb or 102/70kg)
Variations of test 1B are as follows for the respective groups:
- Teenagers 14-15 – 135/85lb
- Teenagers 16-17 – 185/125lb
- Masters 45-54 – 185/125lb
- Masters 55-59 – 155/105lb
- Masters 60+ – 135/85lb
You can check out the scorecard and floor plan for tests 1A and 1B here.
- Thrusters (135/95lb or 61/43kg)
Variations of test 2 are as follows for the respective groups:
- Teenagers 14-15 – 105/75lb thruster
- Masters Women 60-64 – 75lb thruster
- Masters Women 65+ – 75lb thruster, chest-to-bar pull-ups
- Masters Men 60+ – 105/75lb thruster
The scorecard and floor plan for test 2 is here.
Tests 3A and 3B
Test 3A – AMRAP in 5 intervals of 2:00 work / 1:00 rest
- 7 deadlifts
- 5 cleans
- 3 shoulder-to-overheads
Men: 185lb (84kg)
Women: 135lb (61kg)
Variations of test 3A are as follows:
- Teenagers 14-15 – 115/85lb
- Teenagers 16-17 – 155/105lb
- Masters 45-54 – 155/105lb
- Masters 55+ – 135/95lb
After the 1-minute rest at the end of test 3A, athletes will have 5 minutes to establish:
- Max free handstand hold
Time cap: 5 minutes
The scorecard and floor plans for tests 3A and 3B is here.
- 20 Burpee box jump-overs
2 rounds of:
- 20 KB Step-ups to 20-in. box (70/53lb or 32/24kg)
- 2 rope climbs (15ft or 4.5m)
2 rounds of:
- 20 KB Goblet Squats (70/53lb or 32/24kg)
- 2 legless rope climbs (15ft or 4.5m)
And finish with:
- 20 Burpee box jump-overs
Time Cap: 15 minutes
Variations of test 4 are as follows:
- Teenagers 14-15 – 20-inch box, 53/35lb KB, 12-ft rope climb
- Masters 55+ – 20-inch box, 53/35lb KB, 12-ft rope climb
You can find the scorecard and floor plan for test 4 here.
Athletes are required to use a registered judge and must submit a valid video with each score.
Also, scores will not be revealed on the leaderboard until one hour after each submission window closes. The leaderboard should be finalized on or before Wednesday, May 10, according to the 2023 CrossFit Games Rulebook.
From each age group, the top 10 will advance to the CrossFit Games in Madison on August 1st.
Read More: CrossFit Adaptive Athletes Going to the Games and Winners
- Scoring System age group Semifinal: CrossFit Inc.
- Shuttle run: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.