The next competitive CrossFit Season is slowly coming together and a few Sanctionals have announced a partnership that will allow athletes to complete a single set of online workouts with the opportunity to qualify to many events. Others have tapped the Open as their qualifier, just like Regionals used to do.
With the news that the SouthFit CrossFit Challenge joined the International Online Qualifier earlier this week, the upcoming CrossFit competitive season is progressively taking shape.
Sanctionals will take place in 21 different countries around the globe and will span from November – after the Open – until July. Each one of them will send an elite male, female and team (with exception of Sanctionals that are individual only) to the 2020 CrossFit Games.
Before that happens, athletes will have to earn that spot to Madison at the individual events. So far, we know how fourteen Sanctionals will be handling their qualification process next season, have a look.
2019 CROSSFIT OPEN
The following Sanctionals will be using the Open as a qualifier.
- CrossFit Strength in Depth
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship
- CrossFit French Throwdown
- Norwegian CrossFit Championship
- Down Under CrossFit Championship
- Brazil CrossFit Championship
Just like Regionals used to do, the Sanctionals mentioned above will base qualification on an athlete’s Open performance. This is an incentive for athletes to do the Open and means the individual events don’t have to come up with their own set of qualifying workouts, and the organisation that comes with it.
INTERNATIONAL ONLINE QUALIFIER
A new concept for the upcoming season, the International Online Qualifier presents another way of unifying Sanctionals. So far, these four events have joined the coalition, with more expected to follow.
- SouthFit CrossFit Challenge
- Atlas Games
- Filthy 150
Registration for the International Online Qualifier is already open.
Some Sanctionals will run their own qualifiers, like it was mostly done this season. Based on the information on each event’s website so far, this is what we gathered:
– The CrossFit Italian Showdown has its own on-site pre-selection competition.
–Dubai CrossFit Championship will release more information on the qualification process soon.
-2020 Online Qualifier Details for the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge coming soon.
-According to their website, the CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown will host an online competition to be held at gyms throughout the world. It’ll consist of three workouts to be completed in order on the same day.
–CanWest CrossFit Championship Online Qualification TBA.
A few Sanctionals haven’t announced how their qualification process will work. Keep an eye out on BOXROX for the latest developments.
- Fittest in Cape Town: There will be no wild cards for FiCT 2020, but we will however use past performances at CrossFit FiCT2019 (winners), the CrossFit Games 2019 (top 10 individuals + top 5 teams), and the October CrossFit Games Open (top 10) as a qualification system where top ranked athletes will earn an invitation to accept or decline before the CrossFit FiCT 2020 Online Qualifiers starts.
- Remaining spots after the above invites has been confirmed is to be filled through the CrossFit® FiCT20 Online Qualifier, 22nd of November to 2nd of December 2019.
- FiCT20 Online Qualifier: a 10-day Online Qualifier where 3 separate Q-WODs will be released on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th of November 2019. All 3 WOD’s must be completed with video submission before the deadline on the 2nd of December 2019.
- Dubai CrossFit Championship will use the Open. Athletes must register to compete by October 14, 2019.