To have a strong core and nice abs is not only about chasing that coveted six-pack, you need to work on your obliques as well. If you are just beginning your journey to get fitter, then check out this abs and obliques workout for beginners.
Chris Heria is a fitness trainer and a YouTuber who uploads videos of workouts on his YouTube channel and on his Instagram. In one of his videos, he demonstrates an abs and obliques workout for beginners.
“If you want real results with six-pack abs then you need to be engaging all areas of your core,” Chris says in the video. In the 12-minute video uploaded to his YouTube channel, he emphasises a lot on working the obliques, as this “that’s gonna have you looking a lot more shredded.”
The entire workout is made of 8 exercises that target your core. You should do the routine 3-4 times to have a real sweat and work your abs and obliques.
Watch Abs and Obliques Workout for Beginners
Chris Heria Abs and Obliques Workout for Beginners
- Switching mountain climbers (45 seconds)
- Side plank reach through (15 reps on each side)
- Chair sit-ups (15 reps on each side)
- Plank knees-to-elbows (15 reps on each side)
- Seated in and outs (45 seconds)
- Hip raises (15 reps)
- Alternating star crunches (10 reps on each side)
- Plank side-to-side (45 seconds)
- resistance band ab exercises: CrossFit Inc