Learn how to build muscle 2x faster with the help of Will Tennyson.
Will Tennyson is a Canadian YouTuber who uploads fitness routines, nutrition advice and lifestyle content on his channel which has close to 2 million subscribers. He struggled with body image as a younger kid but has since bounced back after discovering weightlifting and he wants to make people as enthusiastic about fitness and wellness as he is.
The information you are about to see – how to build muscle 2x faster – is based on what he has done over multiple years to achieve the physique he has today. Building muscle, also known as muscle hypertrophy, is a process that involves a combination of resistance training, proper nutrition, and adequate rest.
As short as possible, here are the basics of building muscle, in case you don’t know yet:
- Resistance Training: Engaging in regular strength training exercises is crucial for stimulating muscle growth. Resistance exercises include weightlifting, bodyweight exercises, and resistance machine workouts.
- Progressive Overload: To promote muscle growth, progressively challenge your muscles by gradually increasing the intensity, volume, or difficulty of your workouts over time. This can be achieved by lifting heavier weights, performing more repetitions, or reducing rest periods between sets.
- Proper Nutrition: A balanced and nutrient-rich diet is essential for muscle growth. Ensure you consume enough protein to support muscle repair and synthesis.
- Caloric Surplus: To build muscle, you generally need to consume more calories than you burn (caloric surplus). This provides the necessary energy and nutrients for muscle growth.
- Sufficient Rest and Recovery: Muscles grow and repair during periods of rest, so allow adequate time for recovery between workouts. Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night to support optimal recovery. Additionally, consider incorporating rest days into your training program to avoid overtraining and prevent injuries.
- Consistency and Patience: Building muscle takes time and dedication. Consistency in your training and nutrition is key. Stick to a well-designed workout program and maintain a balanced diet over the long term.
How To Build Muscle 2x Faster
Although we explained briefly the basics of hypertrophy above, there is another element within those that greatly shapes how to build muscle 2x faster: exercise selection.
If you don’t choose the correct exercises for you, you might not be potentializing your muscle gains. The following is a list of the exercises that Will Tennyson chose as the best ones that helped him build muscle 2x faster.
- Low incline Smith machine press
- Bent-over row with two dumbbells
- Seated cable shoulder press
- Low cable curl
- Lying down Y cable raise
- Single-arm overhead cable extension
- Lateral raise
Tennyson also explains further in the video below how many sets and reps he would recommend for each movement. But you should know that no matter how hard you train, you need to be consistent with a good diet as well.
A good diet is one that provides your body with all the nutrients it needs to function optimally, while also supporting your overall health and well-being. Here are some key principles of a good diet:
- Eat a variety of whole foods: This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, nuts, and seeds. Whole foods are nutrient-dense and provide your body with vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
- Limit processed foods: Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats. They are also low in nutrients and can contribute to chronic health problems like heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Control portion sizes: Eating too much of any food can lead to weight gain, even if it’s healthy. Use portion control to help manage your calorie intake and maintain a healthy weight.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated and support proper digestion.
- Balance macronutrients: Your body needs a balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats to function properly. Aim to include all three macronutrients in each meal.
- Limit added sugars: Foods and drinks that are high in added sugars can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Be mindful of added sugars in your diet and limit them as much as possible.
But Tennyson knows that people are really interested in how to achieve a coveted physique without having to let go of their sweet tooth. For that, he showed in the video how to prepare s’mores protein cookies.
Have a good diet plan, add those exercises mentioned above to your training routine and do them consistently, sprinkle some s’mores protein cookies sometimes and you should be transforming your body in no time.
Watch the video below for all the information needed.
To burn fat, you need to create a calorie deficit by burning more calories than you consume. Here are some strategies that can help you burn fat:
- Exercise regularly: Cardiovascular exercise, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can help you burn calories and increase your metabolism. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
- Add strength training: Building muscle can help you burn more calories at rest, as muscle tissue requires more energy to maintain than fat tissue. Incorporate strength training exercises, such as weight lifting or bodyweight exercises, into your routine.
- Increase physical activity: Look for ways to increase your overall physical activity throughout the day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from your destination, or taking a walk during your lunch break.
- Eat a balanced, low-calorie diet: Focus on whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid sugary, high-fat, and processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help you feel fuller and prevent overeating.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism, leading to weight gain. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
Remember that sustainable fat loss takes time and effort. Focus on making healthy lifestyle changes that you can stick to long-term rather than quick-fix solutions.