Huge changes are being made by Greg Glassman for the 2019 CrossFit Season.
The Morning Chalk Up recently published the following information after speaking to Greg Glassman. Things are going to very different next year!
- The Open is moving to October (see below for more details).
- Each country with a licensed affiliate will be crowning the title of Fittest in country through the five-week long Open. The top male, female and team will receive an invitation to the CrossFit Games.
- CrossFit will now partner with outside events to host 16 CrossFit sanctioned competition from November through June. The winners of each will get an invitation to the CrossFit Games.
- CrossFit will outsource broadcasting to another partner.
“In each country where there is a CrossFit affiliate, athletes will be competing for the title of fittest in their country. Each male, female and team winner will be crowned the fittest in their country and receive an invitation to the CrossFit Games.”
“However, given the timing of this change, there will be two CrossFit Opens for the 2019 season: one in late February then one again in October, where it will remain. Additionally, because not all 16 sanctioned events will be ready for the 2019 season, CrossFit will likely take the top 20 from the Open and all the winners in each country.”
- Katrin-and-Brent: CrossFit Inc