Are you looking for the smartest diet to lose chest and belly fat faster? Utilising the knowledge of Mike Diamonds, here is exactly what you’ve been searching for.
Dr Mike Diamonds is a medical doctor who is now an online fitness and health coach and a YouTuber. He has close to a million subscribers on his channel and he usually uses his own body transformation as an example of how to help people become their better selves. He is also the creator of the website Sculpt by Science.
In an extensive video, fitness expert Mike Diamonds shared his personal journey of transformation and the smartest diet he has been following to shed love handles, chest fat, and belly fat. Mike’s journey began in 2017 when he started at over 30% body fat and worked his way down to 12% body fat. He continued to improve his physique, becoming a Men’s Physique Champion in 2020.
The Smartest Diet to Lose Chest and Belly Fat Faster
Mike’s diet revolves around three key principles: simplicity, repeatability, and enjoyment. He emphasizes that an effective diet should be easy to follow, repeatable over time, and enjoyable for the individual.
He begins his day with a cup of black coffee, highlighting the cognitive and physical benefits of caffeine. Mike practices intermittent fasting, consuming his meals within an 8-hour window, starting with breakfast.
For breakfast, Mike prepares two main meals consisting of rice, peas, and chicken breast. He emphasizes the importance of tracking macros and customizing meals to meet individual calorie and macro goals. Mike also shares his preference for using an air fryer to keep chicken breast moist and flavourful.
Throughout the video, Mike showcases his meal preparation techniques, emphasizing the importance of making meals easy, repeatable, and enjoyable. He provides valuable tips for spicing and seasoning foods to enhance taste while maintaining dietary goals.
Mike incorporates protein bars into his diet as snacks, considering them convenient and enjoyable options for busy individuals. He emphasizes that 80% of daily food intake should come from whole foods, while the remaining 20% can consist of enjoyable treats.
In the evening, Mike enjoys a pint of low-calorie ice cream as a bedtime snack, satisfying his sweet tooth while staying within his daily calorie and macro limits.
Mike also shares insights into his supplement regimen, including multivitamins, vitamin D3 with K2, yohimbine, and a thyroid stack.
Towards the end of the video, Mike extends a special offer to viewers interested in personalized coaching. He encourages serious individuals to comment with their age, weight, height, training frequency, and gender, promising to provide tailored macro recommendations. He also invites viewers to explore his coaching services through the provided link in the video description.
In closing, Mike emphasizes the importance of having a coach or mentor to optimize fitness and life goals. He encourages viewers to take action and make positive changes in their lives, whether through his coaching services or by following the principles he shares in the video.
Overall, Mike Diamonds provides a comprehensive guide to his smartest diet and fitness journey, offering valuable insights and motivation for anyone looking to achieve their fitness goals.
Watch it all in the video below.
Reducing body fat percentage involves a multifaceted approach beyond just nutrition. While diet plays a significant role, incorporating certain lifestyle changes and exercise strategies can also contribute to fat reduction. Here are some effective methods:
- Regular Physical Activity: Engage in a combination of cardiovascular and resistance training exercises to boost metabolism and promote fat loss.
- Strength Training: Building lean muscle mass increases your resting metabolic rate, allowing you to burn more calories even at rest.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT can accelerate calorie burn and fat loss compared to steady-state cardio.
- Aerobic Exercise: Longer-duration activities like jogging or brisk walking help create a calorie deficit over time.
- Consistent Physical Activity: Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity each week, along with muscle-strengthening activities on two or more days per week.
- Sleep Quality: Prioritize quality sleep, aiming for 7-9 hours per night.
- Stress Management: Manage stress through techniques like meditation, deep breathing, yoga, or spending time in nature.
- Hydration: Drink enough water to control appetite and support metabolism.
- Mindful Eating: Pay attention to portion sizes and eat slowly to prevent overeating.
- Reduce Sugary Foods and Beverages: Limit sugary items, as they can contribute to weight gain and insulin resistance.
- Limit Alcohol: Alcohol can add extra calories and hinder fat loss efforts, so it’s advisable to limit consumption.
- Stay Active Throughout the Day: Incorporate movement into your daily routine, like taking the stairs or walking instead of driving.
- Track Progress: Keep records of your workouts and measurements to stay motivated and make adjustments if necessary.
- Patience: Sustainable fat loss takes time, so avoid extreme diets and drastic changes.
In conclusion, consistency is vital for successful weight loss as it establishes sustainable, healthy habits. It helps create a calorie deficit, builds momentum, develops discipline, offers measurable results, and ingrains new habits. By consistently adhering to a balanced diet and exercise plan, long-term weight loss success is achievable. Always consult with a healthcare or fitness professional before making significant changes to your routine, especially if you have underlying health conditions or are new to exercise.
- Woman-Eating-Breakfast: Jaime Brown on Unsplash