If, like 95% of all CrossFit athletes in the world, you are at a beginner or intermediate level, then these tips from CrossFit Invictus are perfect for you.
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2 is…
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
- 4 dumbbell thrusters
- 6 toes-to-bars
- 24 double-unders
- 35-lb. dumbbells 50-lb. dumbbells
CrossFit Open 20.2, Beginner and Intermediate Strategy
For more tips on scaling check out this article:
Another great resource, Ben from WODprep has put together a great guide to help you succeed during this long AMRAP.
CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 20.2 STRATEGY AND TIPS
Ben: “This is a long one. And the name of the game is to keep moving. Do your reps, step over, continue. If you are able to keep your transitions disciplined, your pace won’t suffer.”
Here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Don’t go into this at turbo speed… this is going to lead to lazy transitions later on.
- Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
- Take a disciplined 2-3 breath break between movements
- Keep your gear close as there are a ton of transitions
- Long distance transitions are a huge waste of time
- Find an 80% pace that seems easy, stay there until 2-3 minutes left – then push at the end.
Check out the next page for technique tips for thrusters, T2B and double unders…
- CrossFit-open-Workout-20.2: Invictus / Squats and Pixels