Are you pumped for the 2024 CrossFit season? The organisation has revealed new details, including some dates, of what we should expect next year to discover who are the Fittest on Earth.
CrossFit has released a statement revealing the stages of the 2024 official season for athletes and teams who want to battle it out for the title of Fittest on Earth.
As BOXROX reported earlier, CrossFit announced a new partnership with 3 different organisations that will help the competition season for teens, masters and adaptive athletes.
However, one thing didn’t change: all athletes who want to progress further into the season need to participate in the CrossFit Open.
2024 CrossFit Season Details Revealed
This is what we know so far about the 2024 CrossFit season.
The CrossFit Open
- All athletes must compete to advance throughout the season.
- Workout 24.1: Feb. 29 – March 3, 2024
- Workout 24.2: March 7 – 11, 2024
- Workout 24.3: March 14 – 18, 2024
There will be 7 regions, just like 2023: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America East, North America West, Oceania, South America.
However, a few things are new for 2024, such as the number of athletes going through to Quarterfinals.
- Individual and age-group athletes who have qualified for the Quarterfinals will have the same programming and only need to complete the workouts once to be represented on both competition leaderboards. For dual-qualified athletes, one payment will register them for both competitions.
- The top 25% of individuals (used to be 10%) and teams in each region will advance to the Quarterfinals with a minimum of 50 athletes from each division.
- The top 25% of each age group from every region will advance to the Quarterfinals with a minimum of 200 athletes from each age group.
Dates of the 2024 CrossFit Quarterfinals:
- Team Quarterfinal: April 3 – 8, 2024.
- Individual Quarterfinal: April 17 – 22, 2024.
- Age-Group Quarterfinal: April 17 – 22, 2024.
CrossFit has not revealed the venues, dates, and number of qualifying spots by region for the individual an team Semifinal competitions. This will be announced at a later date.
- The top 40 individual men, 40 women and the top 30 teams from each region will compete in person at the CrossFit Semifinals.
- The top 200 athletes from each age group will advance to the virtual Age-Group Semifinal to determine who will advance to the Games.
- The top 20 athletes from each adaptive division will advance from the Adaptive CrossFit Open by WheelWOD to the virtual Adaptive CrossFit Semifinal by WheelWOD.
Dates for the 2024 CrossFit Semifinals:
- Age-Group Semifinal: May 8 – 13, 2024.
- Adaptive CrossFit Semifinal by WheelWOD: May 8 – 13, 2024.
Individuals and teams will compete at Fort Worth, Texas from August 8-11 in 2024.
Teens, masters, and adaptive athletes will compete at separate, in-person championships. In a press release shared earlier, CrossFit mentioned the 3 partnerships across those divisions: WheelWOD Games (for adaptive), Pit Teen Throwdown (for 14-17 teens), and Legends Championship (for masters 35+ athletes).
- The top masters from the Age-Group Semifinal will advance to the Masters CrossFit Games by Legends. The location and competition dates will be announced at a later date.
- Masters Divisions will include:
- Men and Women 35-39 (40 men; 40 women)
- Men and Women 40-44 (40 men; 40 women)
- Men and Women 45-49 (40 men; 40 women)
- Men and Women 50-54 (30 men; 30 women)
- Men and Women 55-59 (30 men; 30 women)
- Men and Women 60-64 (20 men; 20 women)
- Men and Women 65+ (20 men; 20 women)
- The top 30 boys and 30 girls from the teenage divisions will advance from Semifinals to the Teenage CrossFit Games by Pit Teen Throwdown in Three Rivers, Michigan. The competition dates and exact location will be confirmed at a later date.
- Teenage Divisions will include:
- Boys and Girls 14-15
- Boys and Girls 16-17
The top 10 adaptive athletes from 15 divisions will advance from the Adaptive CrossFit Semifinal by WheelWOD to the Adaptive CrossFit Games by WheelWOD. The competition dates and location will be confirmed at a later date.
Adaptive Divisions will include:
- Upper Impairment 1 Point of Contact
- Upper Impairment 2 Points of Contact
- Lower Impairment Above Knee
- Lower Impairment Below Knee
- Lower Impairment Minor
- Seated Without Hip Function
- Seated With Hip Function
- Seated Quadriplegic
- Neuromuscular Major
- Neuromuscular Moderate
- Neuromuscular Minor
- Standing Diagnosed
- Visual Impairment
- Short Stature
According to CrossFit, more than 320,000 athletes from 180 countries competed throughout the 2023 CrossFit Games season.