A stronger shoulder will translate into better upper-body mobility and overall strength. Check out the best dumbbell shoulder workout you could do in 10 minutes.
If you are looking for hypertrophy for your shoulders, you could try the best dumbbell shoulder workout developed by top fitness coach Jeff Cavaliere.
Jeff Cavaliere was the head physical therapist of the New York Mets for 3 years and is now a YouTube sensation. He delivers clear information without noise on his ATHLEAN-X YouTube channel.
He came up with what could be described as the best dumbbell shoulder workout.
You will only need 10 minutes to do this exercise and one of two options:
- A pair of light dumbbells
- Or a single heavy dumbbell
Check out the video below.
Best Dumbbell Shoulder Workout
Lighter Pair of Dumbbells Workout
If you chose the lighter dumbbell, you should do:
- Exercise 1 – 45 seconds (rest 15 seconds) – 2 times
- Exercise 2 – 45 seconds (rest 15 seconds) – 2 times
- Exercise 3 – 45 seconds (rest 15 seconds) – 2 times
- Exercise 4 – 45 seconds (rest 15 seconds) – 2 times
- Exercise 5 – 45 seconds (rest 15 seconds) – 2 times
One and a half lateral raise
Dumbbell “H” Raise
Dumbbell “W” Raise
Kneeling Speed Press
Heavy Dumbbell Workout
If you chose to do the workout utilising a single heavy dumbbell, follow these instructions:
- Exercise 1 – 1 minute – 1 minute rest
- Exercise 2 – 1 minute – 1 minute rest
- Exercise 3 – 1 minute – 1 minute rest
- Exercise 4 – 1 minute – 1 minute rest
- Exercise 5 – 45 seconds – rest 15 seconds
- Extra exercise – 60 second burnout
Alternating Cheat Lateral Raise
Alternating Single Arm Clean and Press
Alternating Single Arm High Pull
Dumbbell Press Out
Push away press, or pike press.
Check out more BOXROX upper body content:
8 CrossFit-Style Shoulder Workouts to Improve Strength and Mobility
How to Do The Perfect Shoulder Workout
How to Fix Shoulder Imbalances With Simple Exercises
- dumbbell-workouts: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
- dumbbell-exercises: ELIAS VICARIO