Another week, another CrossFit Open workout to be revealed. This is the second out of 3 weeks that CrossFit has in place to put athletes from all around the world to test their fitness abilities. Discover how to watch CrossFit Open workout 23.2 livestream.
The CrossFit Open is a three-week online competition that unites the CrossFit community around the world, with people of all ages, backgrounds, and fitness levels taking part.
Now in its 13th edition, the workouts to be completed are announced live weekly on Thursdays. Workouts are identified by the year and order they appear in (e.g., 23.1 is the year 2023 and .1 is the first workout) and participants across the globe have until the following Monday at 5 p.m. PT to complete the workout and submit their scores.
The first workout was a repeat from 2014 with rowing, toes-to-bar, wall ball shots, cleans and muscle-ups on the rings.
How to Watch CrossFit Open Workout 23.2 Livestream
You will be able to watch the CrossFit Open workout 23.1 live announcement through CrossFit Games’ official website, on their official app, or in the videos below.
You may also simply click on any of the videos below to watch it. This year, CrossFit has provided livestream in four different languages to attend a more global audience.
- What: CrossFit Open workout 23.2 livestream
- When: Thursday, February 23
- What time: 9 p.m. CET / Noon PT / 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. GMT / 7 a.m. AEDT (Friday, February 17)
- Where: Midland Park, New Jersey
- How: on Games.CrossFit.com or the livestream above
- Who: Roman Khrennikov and Pat Vellner
Athlete Match Up
CrossFit has announced that we will see Canadian athlete Pat Vellner take on Russian powerhouse Roman Khrennikov at the 23.2 CrossFit Open live announcement in CrossFit Bison in Midland Park, New Jersey.
Pat Vellner is an 8x Games athlete who always made it to the ultimate test of fitness since 2015. He came on short of winning the title of Fittest on Earth on 4 occasions, finishing twice in 2nd and twice with a bronze medal.
Roman Khrennikov is the new sensation of the CrossFit Games. New, because he finally managed to get his Visa to enter the USA and compete in person in Madison last year. And he didn’t disappoint, going home with the title of 2nd Fittest Man on Earth.
Here is a quick comparison between the two athletes who will face off this Thursday at the 23.2 CrossFit Open live announcement in New Jersey:
- Last CrossFit Games placement: 6th
- Best CrossFit Games placement: 2nd (2018, 2021)
- CrossFit Games appearances: 8
- Worldwide Ranking System placement: 2nd
- Best CrossFit Open placement: 1st (2020)
- Last CrossFit Games placement: 2nd
- Best CrossFit Games placement: 2nd
- CrossFit Games appearances: 2
- Worldwide Ranking System placement: 7th
- Best CrossFit Open placement: 10th (2020)
Both athletes participated in two major off-season tournaments after the CrossFit Games last year. Pat Vellner finished one placement ahead of Khrennikov at the Rogue Invitational last year. However, at Wodapalooza this January, Khrennikov got the better deal finishing one position in front of Vellner.
2023 CrossFit Open
Now in its 13th edition, the CrossFit Open is a three-week online fitness competition that unites the worldwide CrossFit community. It marks the start of the 2023 CrossFit Games competitive season and is the first step towards qualifying for the CrossFit Games.
This year’s Open runs from February 16 through to March 6, with workouts released weekly every Thursday. There are a total of 37 divisions (based on age, gender, and ability) and three different tracks to follow: RX, scaled, and foundations.
The Open is for everyone!
- Live Announcement 23.2: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc,
- 23.2 how to watch: Photo Courtesy of CrossFit Inc