If you are scaling CrossFit Open Workout 19.1, here are the rules, movements and details that you must pay attention to.
SCALING CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 19.1
CrossFit Open Workout 19.1 is:
15 minutes AMRAP
- 19 wall-ball shots
- 19-cal. row
Here is how to scale according to your category.
- Teen Girls (14-15) Girls throw 10-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
- Teen Girls (16-17) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Women (18-34) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Masters Women (35-39) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Masters Women (40-44) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Masters Women (45-49) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Masters Women (50-54) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
- Masters Women (55-59) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
- Masters Women (60+) Women throw 10-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
- Teen Boys (14-15) Boys throw 14-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
- Teen Boys (16-17) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Men (18-34) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Masters Men (35-39) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Masters Men (40-44) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Masters Men (45-49) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Masters Men (50-54) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
- Masters Men (55-59) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
- Masters Men (60+) Men throw 14-lb. ball to 8-ft. target
The workout begins with the medicine ball on the ground and athlete standing tall. After the call of “3, 2, 1… go,” the athlete will pick up the ball and perform the wall-ball shots. After 19 reps are complete, the athlete will move to the rower and pull 19 calories. The monitor must read 19 calories before the athlete can unstrap and move back to the wall-ball shots for the next round.
The athlete’s score will be the total number of repetitions completed within the 15-minute time cap. Each calorie completed on the row will be equal to 1 rep.
There is no tiebreak for this workout.
Check out the movement standards to make sure you don’t get no-repped!
“The Open will name national champions in over 150 countries and is an important step in determining the Fittest on Earth. It is also an event that connects the CrossFit community through shared suffering and celebration. The story of the 2019 Open and its announcements will be told by many voices around the globe.”
Make sure you are properly fueled for the workout with the following foods:
2019 CROSSFIT OPEN DATES
New for 2019, the CrossFit Games Open will be the single largest qualifier of athletes to the 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games. The top 20 men, 20 women and the fittest male and female in each country will receive an invite to the Games in Madison.
This handy link below provides you with a quick resource to identify and include many different types of protein in your diet to ensure you can recover well, build muscle and perform well throughout the entire competition and beyond. Recovery is absolutely vital during The CrossFit Open so that you can consistently perform throughout the whole 5 weeks of fun.
THE OPEN: QUICK STATS
This five-week, five-workout competition is held in CrossFit affiliates around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Anyone who’s at least 14 years old can sign up and join in the first stage of the CrossFit Games season.
- In 2016, 324,000 athletes participated in the worldwide CrossFit Open—the first stage of competition. From there, 260 athletes—40 men, 40 women and 30 teams of 6—moved on to eight Regional events where the top five in each category would earn an invitation to the Games.
- in 2017 there were more than 380,000 participants in the CrossFit Open.
- In 2018, 429,157 athletes completed at least one workout from the CrossFit Open.