Top Shoulder Exercises – Front Raises
Front dumbbell raises are the best exercise to isolate the anterior deltoid head and a way to completely fatigue it.
Hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs with your palms facing you. Stand upright with your back straight and your feet about hip-width apart. Look straight ahead. Stabilize your torso by tightening your torso and pulling your shoulder blades down and together. Maintain this posture throughout the movement. Raise your elbows and shoulders at the same rate. Lead with your elbows.
Keep your body upright. Don’t lean backward to counterbalance for the sake of using a heavier dumbbell. As you lift the dumbbells, do not allow your wrists to bend. Maintain a neutral wrist position. Do not hold your breath; inhale as you lower the dumbbells and exhale as you lift the dumbbells.
Top Shoulder Exercises – Dips
- Grab the bars and jump up. Balance yourself with locked elbows
- Lower your body by bending your arms. Lean your torso slightly forward
- Go down until your shoulders are below your elbows at the bottom
- Lift your body back up to the starting position by straightening your arms
- Balance yourself with your shoulders over your hands. Lock your elbows.