OUTAthletics is hosting its 2nd Burpee-A-Thon on October 11, National Coming OUT day in the United States, and anyone can join and raise money in support of the LGBTQ+ community.
The Burpee-A-Thon is an event in which participants will be performing as many burpees as possible in 10 minutes to raise awareness and money. Participants who fundraise enough money will receive gear and equipment from the OUT Foundation or PUMA.
The Burpee-A-Thon will happen in the PUMA Flagship Store on 5th Avenue in New York City. People from the area are invited to participate. At the event, PUMA and The OUT Foundation will be launching a co-branded FUSE, PUMA’s all-new strength trainer.
Those who cannot make it in person, but still would like to participate and perhaps win some cool “swag,” can register online, set up a pledge campaign page, and ask friends and family to pledge an amount of money per burpee they think they can complete in 10 minutes.
OUTAthletics Burpee-A-Thon Prizes
According to a press release, participants who manage to raise specific thresholds of money will receive gear and/or equipment from the OUT Foundation and PUMA.
The prize, or “swags”, are as follows:
- Raise at least $50 – OUT 14 oz ceramic camper mug
- Raise at least $100 – OUT camper mug and OUT beach towel
- Raise at least $250 – OUT camper mug, OUT beach towel, and OUT gym duffle bag
- Raise at least $500 – OUT camper mug, OUT beach towel, OUT gym bag, and OUT charging bank external battery for smartphone
- Raise $1,000 or more – OUT camper mug, OUT beach towel, OUT gym bag, and OUT charging bank + $250 PUMA gift card
You don’t know the OUT Foundation yet? Click here and discover 5 reasons why this non-profit is incredible.
If you still have questions regarding the event, you can e-mail the organisation directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.