A guy did 1000 reps of abs for 7 days in a row. This is what happened to him and what could happen to your body too.
If you came here to find out how to get abs in 7 days by only doing ab exercises, I’m sorry to report that is not how it happens. It is important to note that you will likely not be able to see your abs, no matter how strong they are, unless you have a relatively low body fat percentage. The best way to lose fat is by reducing the calories you are taking consistently and over time you will see your abs.
The exact number of body fat percentage that you need to be able to see your abs varies from person to person determined by a range of variables. However, one thing that can help is to have a very strong core. The stronger and bigger your ab muscles are, the faster they will appear.
And who is this crazy person who decided to do 1000 reps of abs for 7 days in a row? His name is Troy Adashun. Adashun is the co-founder of the fitness lifestyle company Alpha Lion and has created a gigantic YouTube following with his gym tips and workouts.
But there is a catch in this whole idea of doing 1000 reps of abs for 7 days in a row. He did that on top of other exercises and changing his diet because, as we mentioned earlier, diet is what will have the biggest impact on how you look. Check out his journey.
1000 Reps Of Abs For 7 Days in a Row: What Happens To Your Body?
So, how did it happen? Adashun decided on the following:
- A minimum of 1000 reps of ab every day
- 1000 calorie deficit daily – no sugar allowed
- 30 minutes of cardio every day – walking up a mountain
- Rigorous strength training on top of everything
So yes, as you can see, Adashun not only did 1000 reps of ab for 7 days in a row, but he also changed his eating habits, and did cardio and strength training.
It also helps that Adashun always had a fitness mentality, he knows how far he can push his body and he knows he can achieve it as he has done it in the past. This is an advantage compared to people who have doubts all around getting a six-pack ab or changing their lifestyle choices.
Adashun did not do the same ab exercise every day for 1000 reps. That would not be smart or efficient. One of the best ways to keep making gains and challenge your body is to vary the movements you do. Here are the exercises Adashun did throughout the 7 days of his ab challenge:
- Ab rollouts
- Supine leg raises
- Plank finisher
- Hanging leg raises
- Rope crunches
- Russian twists
- Leg raises
- Ball passes
- Bicycle crunches
- Dragon flags
He would change things up every day to keep his ab challenged. Sometimes it was painful and difficult, but he kept it going.
Check out his physique before and after doing 1000 reps of abs for 7 days in a row.
Lowering belly fat can bring several benefits to your overall health and well-being. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases: Belly fat is associated with an increased risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Lowering belly fat can help reduce the risk of these diseases.
- Improves insulin sensitivity: Belly fat can affect insulin sensitivity, which can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Lowering belly fat can improve insulin sensitivity, which can help prevent or manage type 2 diabetes.
- Boosts metabolism: Belly fat can slow down your metabolism, making it harder to lose weight. Lowering belly fat can help boost your metabolism, making it easier to burn calories and lose weight.
- Improves cardiovascular health: Belly fat can increase the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other cardiovascular problems. Lowering belly fat can improve cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of these problems.
- Increases energy levels: Carrying excess belly fat can make you feel tired and sluggish. Lowering belly fat can increase your energy levels and improve your overall quality of life.
Overall, lowering your belly fat can bring many benefits to your health and well-being, including reducing the risk of chronic diseases, improving insulin sensitivity, boosting metabolism, improving cardiovascular health, and increasing energy levels.