To get your 6 pack abs you need to suffer. Well, no. Here are 13 tips to help you achieve your goal.
In order for you to get your 6 pack abs, you need to be consistent with nutrition and training. The 13 tips below were shared by Jeff Cavaliere.
Check out the video or read below his 13 tips to get your 6 pack abs.
13 Tips to Get Your 6 Pack Abs
- 1. Drink water as soon as you wake up
- 2. The order of the exercises you do are important
- 3. Think of your plate as a clock
- 4. Make Reps Count, Don’t Count Reps
- 5. Contract Your Adductors
- 6. Fold Your Rib Cage
- 7. Add Flavourful Spices
- 8. Eat ginger every day
- 9. How you breathe also matters
- 10. Choose a healthy cheat snack
- 11. Don’t forget about your serratus and obliques
- 12. Cardio or ab exercises are not the basis to get your 6 pack abs
- 13. Extreme nutrition tactics will not help either
1. Drink water as soon as you wake up
The idea is to drink plenty of water even before you jump into the shower as everyone wakes up dehydrated after a long night of sleep. Cavaliere believes you should drink between 40 to 60 ounces of water (between 400-600 millilitres).
2. The order of the exercises you do are important
While performing ab exercises, start with the ones that focus on your lower abs, such as leg raises, because they are the most difficult and you probably need the extra energy to perform them correctly.
The last exercises you should do are the ones that make you move only your upper body, such as crunches.
3. Think of your plate as a clock
Divide your plate mentally into three areas. The largest portion should be reserved for fibrous carbohydrates. The second-largest portion should be protein, and finally starchy carbohydrates.
4. Make Reps Count, Don’t Count Reps
Trade training quantity for quality. “Speeding through repetitions to reach a certain number is not going to get you the results you want,” Cavaliere says.
5. Contract Your Adductors
6. Fold Your Rib Cage
7. Add Flavourful Spices
Jeff Cavaliere likes to have green tea extract, red pepper flakes, or cinnamon in his meals. These will increase insulin sensitivity, decrease your appetite, or increase your metabolism.
8. Eat ginger every day
Ginger helps with decreasing insulin sensitivity but also helps with recovery by decreasing muscle soreness.
9. How you breathe also matters
“Blow air out while pulling your stomach down,” in a move called cinching.
10. Choose a healthy cheat snack
To keep you on track you will have to eat cheat meals every once in a while, but make sure they are as healthy as possible. No need to indulge in a bucket of ice cream, but rather some whipped cream and yoghurt can also satisfy your cravings and not deviate you to get your 6 pack abs.
11. Don’t forget about your serratus and obliques
The corkscrew is a great exercise to work the serratus and obliques.
12. Cardio or ab exercises are not the basis to get your 6 pack abs
Nutrition is the foundation of everything you do. No matter what you do in terms of cardio or ab training, if your nutrition is a big obstacle, you will not get your 6 pack abs.
13. Extreme nutrition tactics will not help either
Apples, grapes and carrots can have sugar, yes, but avoiding them is not what will get your 6 pack abs.
Remember to be consistent with a healthy eating habit and training to get your 6 pack abs.
Read More: 9 Effective Ab Exercises To Do At Home
- Abs exercises: Szabolcs Toth / Unsplash