The 5 workouts of the 2021 Age Group Online Qualifier (AGOQ) have been released. The online competition will determine which Masters and Teens will qualify for the CrossFit Games and runs May 6-9.
Age Group Online Qualifier Workouts
5 rounds for time:
- 15 handstand push-ups
- 15 dumbbell shoulder-to-overheads
- 15-cal. row
Time cap: 20 min.
♀ 20-lb. dumbbells // ♂ 35-lb. dumbbells
♀ 35-lb. dumbbells // ♂ 50-lb. dumbbells
♀ 20-lb. dumbbells, perform handstand push-ups to a 2-in. riser //♂ 35-lb. dumbbells, perform handstand push-ups to a 2-in. riser
- 60 GHD sit-ups
- 6 rope climbs, 15 ft.
- 60 alternating single-leg squats
- 50 GHD sit-ups
- 5 rope climbs, 15 ft.
- 50 alternating single-leg squats
- 40 GHD sit-ups
- 4 rope climbs, 15 ft.
- 40 alternating single-leg squats
Time cap: 20 min.
♀Sit-ups; weighted box step-ups, 14-lb. ball, 20-in. box // ♂Sit-ups; weighted box step-ups, 20-lb. ball, 24-in. box
- 75 cleans
- 300 double-unders
Time cap: 15 min.
♀55 lb. // ♂75 lb.
♀ 95 lb. // ♂ 135 lb.
♀65 lb. // ♂95 lb.
For max load:
- 4-rep-max front squat
Time frame: 20 min.
12-9-6 reps for time of:
- Overhead squats
- Burpee box jump-overs
Time cap: 10 min.
♀ 80 lb., 24-in. Box // ♂ 115 lb., 24-in. box
♀ 115 lb., 30-in. box // ♂ 165 lb., 30-in. box
♀ 80 lb., 24-in. box, step-ups OK // ♂ 115 lb., 24-in. box, step-ups OK
You can find full workout notes and movement standards here.
What is the Age Group Online Qualifier?
The Age Group Online Qualifier is an online competition designed to establish the top teen and master athletes that will qualify for the CrossFit Games.
Following five events over a weekend, the top 20 men and top 20 women in each age division will receive an invitation to compete at the Games for a chance to be crowned Fittest on Earth.
Age groups are divided as follows:
- Teens 14-15
- Teens 16-17
- Masters 35-39
- Masters 40-44
- Masters 45-49
- Masters 50-59
- Masters 60-64
- Masters 65+
What has changed in 2021 for Age Divisions?
- Following the CrossFit Open, the top 10% of athletes in each age group qualified for the AGOQ. Previously, only the top 200 athletes in each division qualified to compete in this stage.
- This change meant that over 2,000 athletes in both 35-39 divisions will participate in this year’s AGOQ. It also means that, for this year, less than 150 athletes in the 14-15 division will compete.
- Two new age group divisions were added for the 2021 CrossFit season: masters 60-64 and 65+. Because participation in the Open from these two division was high, both will now get the chance to compete at the Games in Madison, Wisconsin this summer.
- For the CrossFit Games, age groups will see the return of 20 qualifying spots for the top athletes in each age division. For the 2019 Games, the fields were reduced to 10 athletes, and 2020 the Age Group season finish with the AGOQ.
- age-group-onlie-qualifier-workouts: Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.