Check out these 8 steps to lose love handles and fat fast.
Excess fat around the waist and lower back are often referred to as “love handles” and lower back fat. Love handles are those bulges of fat on the sides of the lower abdomen that tend to protrude over the waistband of clothing. They can be stubborn and resistant to removal, even with proper diet and exercise.
Lower back fat, on the other hand, is the accumulation of excess fat just above the hips on the lower back. This area can be challenging to target and reduce through traditional methods of weight loss.
Both love handles and lower back fat are common areas of concern for many individuals, particularly as they get older and experience a slower metabolism. While it’s crucial to maintain a healthy weight and engage in regular exercise, it’s important to recognize that spot reduction of fat in these specific areas is not achievable through natural means alone.
Not all individuals store fat in the same areas, but if you’re a man, it’s likely that your stubborn problem areas include your lower belly, chest, and love handles. And they are stubborn to leave the body, but luckily we can rely on Max Posternak’s expertise to help us out.
Max Posternak is the founder of Gravity Transformation, a website focused on giving tips and training guidance for people looking to improve their fitness and lose weight. His YouTube channel has over 4 million subscribers.
These 8 steps to lose love handles and fat faster are based on his personal experience. Many men face similar challenges, finding that their love handles are among the first areas to gain fat and the most difficult to reduce, especially since spot reduction through specific exercises is not possible.
While some people may suggest that crunches or hyperextensions can eliminate lower back fat, relying solely on these exercises is ineffective. Below it is outlined 8 strategies encompassing diet, weight training, and cardio that can be effective.
8 Steps to Lose Love Handles and Fat Fast
As mentioned earlier, you cannot target fat reduction naturally, but you can lose weight overall and, with consistency and dedication, will lose your stubborn love handles and waist fat.
Here are the 8 steps to lose love handles and fat fast according to Max Posternak:
- Diet – Reduce refined carbs and sugar
- More protein – Add whole sources of protein
- Fats – Increase healthy fat intake, Decrease unhealthy fat intake
- High-fibre carbs – Increase unrefined carbohydrate intake
- Limit alcohol – Reduce alcohol intake
- Train your full body – Full-body workout training (8 exercises x 1-2/week)
- Peripheral heart action training (PHA) – Upper/lower body workouts (2-3/week)
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT) – 15mins x 2-3/week
To understand why these steps will help you lose love handles and fat fast, see the video below from Posternak.
There are several ways to lose weight, but the most effective and sustainable methods involve making healthy lifestyle changes. Here are some strategies that can help:
- Create a calorie deficit: To lose weight, you need to consume fewer calories than your body burns each day. This can be achieved by eating a balanced, low-calorie diet and increasing your physical activity.
- Eat a healthy diet: Focus on whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid sugary, high-fat, and processed foods.
- Exercise regularly: Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise, such as brisk walking or cycling, most days of the week. Strength training can also help build muscle and boost metabolism.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism, leading to weight gain. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Manage stress: Stress can lead to overeating and weight gain. Practice stress-reducing techniques like meditation, yoga, or deep breathing.
- Seek support: Join a weight loss program, enlist the help of a friend or family member, or work with a registered dietitian or personal trainer for accountability and guidance.
Remember that sustainable weight loss takes time and effort. Focus on making healthy lifestyle changes that you can stick to long-term rather than quick-fix solutions.
Lowering belly fat can bring several benefits to your overall health and well-being. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases: Belly fat is associated with an increased risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Lowering belly fat can help reduce the risk of these diseases.
- Improves insulin sensitivity: Belly fat can affect insulin sensitivity, which can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Lowering belly fat can improve insulin sensitivity, which can help prevent or manage type 2 diabetes.
- Boosts metabolism: Belly fat can slow down your metabolism, making it harder to lose weight. Lowering belly fat can help boost your metabolism, making it easier to burn calories and lose weight.
- Improves cardiovascular health: Belly fat can increase the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other cardiovascular problems. Lowering belly fat can improve cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of these problems.
- Increases energy levels: Carrying excess belly fat can make you feel tired and sluggish. Lowering belly fat can increase your energy levels and improve your overall quality of life.
Overall, lowering your belly fat can bring many benefits to your health and well-being, including reducing the risk of chronic diseases, improving insulin sensitivity, boosting metabolism, improving cardiovascular health, and increasing energy levels.