Firstly, let’s get a little more insight into the mind of Canadian Athlete Brent Fikowski…
Now have a read through these 7 workouts and choose the ones that you like the look of. Mix and match if you find new exercises that you want to try.
7. BRENT FIKOWSKI STRONGMAN WORKOUT
6 rounds with 1:1 work:rest.
- 20m Yoke
- 2 legless rope climbs
- 20m Farmers, 20 calorie bike
6. STRENGTH AND POWER WORKOUT
“Another solid training session.”
- Seated box jumps in a weight vest
- 315lb pause clean
- Front squat doubles
- Banded deadlift triples
5. UPPER BODY STRENGTH WORKOUT
Some upper body strength work from today:
- Banded strict press
- Floor press
- Prone rows
4. PRESSING WORKOUT
Always make time to press! The bar can only go up in weight. Not chasing any PRs today but technique is headed in the right direction. 185,235,265 pounds shown.
- 1,1,1 strict press
- 3,3,3 push press
- 5,5,5 push jerk
3. BENCH AND BURPEE PYRAMID WOD
Second part of today’s AM session.
- L-sit holds
- 6/9/12/9/6 Bar facing burpees / overhead squats 95kg / chest to bar pull-ups
- Heavy bench press (not shown)
2. SNATCH WORKOUT
Not every training session is filled with glorious PRs and perfectly paced conditioning workouts. However the less-than-perfect days provide the greatest opportunity to grow as an athlete. You are given a shot to learn, overcome adversity, and adapt. So will you capture this moment? Or just let it slip?
Here are some lifts from a snatch workout:
- 3×3 at 80% (230lb) every 2:00
- 4×2 at 85% (245lb) every 1:30
- 4×1 at 90% (260lb) every 1:00
1. WORKOUT TO BUILD EXPLOSIVE POWER
Getting explosive today! ?➡?
- 2 aggressive power snatch + 1 deadball throw
- 5 rebounding vertical jumps / first three with banded resistance.
- 5 rounds of each with ample rest
Here are more interesting and unique workouts for you to try:
- Fikowski: CrossFit Inc