WORKOUT 5 PICK YOUR POISON
For Time 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps each of:
One Vertical Pull Movement:
- Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (95/65 lb)
- Inverted Rows or
One Horizontal Press Movement:
- Bench Presses (Bodyweight)
- Dumbbell Presses (100/45 lb) or
One Hinging Movement:
- Deadlift (2x Bodyweight)
- Romanian Deadlifts (2x Bodyweight) or
- Front Squats (Bodyweight)
“Pick Your Poison” is one of the challenge workouts by Assault Fitness.
As mentioned before, a strong chest will help you with all pulling and pushing movements. The sumo deadlift high pull is total body compound exercise and stresses a great deal of muscle mass per repetition. Inverted rows and pull ups both develop a solid chest and are useful to attain upper body strength.
Pick your poison – preferably a move you’re not comfortable with or something that will challenge you – and give this WOD a try!
- CrossFit-Barbell-Chest-Workouts: Photos courtesy of CrossFit Inc