This is the number 1 method to lose belly fat for good, as prescribed by Dr Mike Diamonds.
Dr Mike Diamonds is a medical doctor who is now an online fitness and health coach and a YouTuber. He has close to a million subscribers on his channel and he usually uses his own body transformation as an example of how to help people become their better selves. He is also the creator of the website Sculpt by Science.
He shared the number one method to lose belly fat based on his extensive research and personal experience. In a comprehensive video, he breaks down the science behind effective fat loss, emphasizing the pivotal role of nutrition.
In 2022, Mike conducted an in-depth study involving 1043 individuals who sought his guidance for transforming their bodies. He amalgamated their data, leading him to a powerful solution. Having personally faced the struggle of shedding belly fat during his initial years, Mike cracked the code while preparing for a bodybuilding competition in 2019.
Mike’s transformative method has consistently yielded results within 90 days or even as short as seven months, proving its efficacy. The cornerstone of his strategy is a straightforward yet crucial nutritional shift. He highlights that this approach is backed by his nine years of experience as a biochemistry and microbiology major, along with his MD credentials.
The Number 1 Method to Lose Belly Fat for Good
Mike’s strategy begins with calculating one’s Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE), which is the starting point for creating a caloric deficit. He illustrates the formula for determining TDEE, or you can simply find online website that automatically do that once you type in a few facts about yourself.
The dietary structure he shares involves starting at maintenance calories, slowly reducing calorie intake over time to establish a deeper caloric deficit. Mike provides a detailed breakdown of his daily meals, explaining the science behind each component. He showcases his preference for intermittent fasting, incorporating coffee to enhance metabolism and gut health.
Mike elaborates on the importance of hydration, recommending the consumption of three litters of water daily, including sparkling water as a flavourful option. His meals revolve around nutrient-dense ingredients, such as chicken breast, colourful bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cauliflower rice. He explains the benefits of extra virgin olive oil for gut health and incorporates healthy fats through avocado.
Protein intake is emphasized, with Mike recommending one gram of protein per pound of body weight. He provides insights into creating meals that are both satisfying and effective for fat loss. Mike’s approach also includes indulging in moderation, with a portion of ice cream strategically incorporated into the diet to maintain sustainability.
As progress is achieved, Mike details how to make gradual adjustments to maintain a continuous caloric deficit. He demonstrates how slight modifications, like reducing rice or replacing rice with cauliflower, can lead to consistent progress over time. Mike’s method culminates in an effective, manageable diet that supports fat loss without extreme restrictions.
Mike’s expertise and dedication shine through his video as he guides viewers with a step-by-step approach of the number 1 method to lose belly fat for good. Watch it all below.
Maintaining a healthy body fat percentage can have several benefits for your overall health and well-being. Here are some potential benefits of having a low body fat percentage:
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases: Research suggests that having a low body fat percentage may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
- Improved cardiovascular health: Lower body fat can be associated with improved cardiovascular health, including lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Improved physical performance: Having a lower body fat percentage can improve athletic performance by increasing strength, speed, and endurance.
- Reduced strain on joints: Carrying excess body fat can put additional strain on joints, leading to joint pain and increased risk of injury. Maintaining a lower body fat percentage can reduce this strain and protect joint health.
- Improved self-esteem and body image: For some individuals, maintaining a low body fat percentage can improve self-esteem and body image, leading to better mental health and well-being.
It’s important to note that there can be negative consequences to having a body fat percentage that is too low, such as hormonal imbalances, decreased immune function, and decreased bone density. It’s important to aim for a healthy body fat percentage rather than trying to achieve an extremely low percentage. Consult with a healthcare professional to determine what a healthy body fat percentage is for you.
To burn fat, you need to create a calorie deficit by burning more calories than you consume. Here are some strategies that can help you burn fat:
- Exercise regularly: Cardiovascular exercise, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can help you burn calories and increase your metabolism. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
- Add strength training: Building muscle can help you burn more calories at rest, as muscle tissue requires more energy to maintain than fat tissue. Incorporate strength training exercises, such as weight lifting or bodyweight exercises, into your routine.
- Increase physical activity: Look for ways to increase your overall physical activity throughout the day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from your destination, or taking a walk during your lunch break.
- Eat a balanced, low-calorie diet: Focus on whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid sugary, high-fat, and processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help you feel fuller and prevent overeating.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism, leading to weight gain. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
Remember that sustainable fat loss takes time and effort. Focus on making healthy lifestyle changes that you can stick to long-term rather than quick-fix solutions.
- Chest: James Barr on Unsplash