This is the number 1 method to lose love handles for good according to Jeremy Ethier.
Jeremy Ethier, a renowned fitness trainer and Kinesiology graduate, is the co-founder of Built With Science. His YouTube channel has over 5.5 million subscribers and he delivers clear information with sound background research.
Jeremy Ethier talked about the challenge of dealing with love handles, explaining that these areas can be stubborn to eliminate. He asserts that getting rid of them, however, involves a straightforward approach, emphasizing that extreme measures like starvation are unnecessary.
According to him, there are 5 simple steps to effectively remove love handles and maintain their absence. Prior to delving into the steps, he emphasizes the importance of comprehending how love handles develop due to prolonged overeating, leading the body to store excess calories as abdominal fat.
The NUMBER 1 Method to Lose Love Handles for Good
Let’s initiate the process by addressing the most pivotal step: nutrition.
Step 1: Cultivating Success Through Nutrition
While establishing a calorie deficit is crucial, it won’t immediately pinpoint your love handles for fat reduction. Instead, your body will prioritize shedding fat from other regions first. Consequently, opt for a moderate calorie deficit to prevent excessive fat loss from other body parts. A general objective of losing approximately one pound of fat each week provides a solid starting point. Nonetheless, if necessary, don’t hesitate to adopt an even more gradual approach.
Step 2: Exercise and the Illusion of Progress
The subsequent two steps concentrate on exercises that contribute to love handle reduction. First on the list is weightlifting. Although not a direct method for targeting love handles, weightlifting can create the appearance of a slimmer waistline and less prominent love handles. Moreover, weightlifting functions as a precautionary measure, diminishing the risk of future fat regain. Executing 3-6 challenging sets per muscle group weekly should suffice, with older individuals likely benefiting from the higher end of this range.
Step 3: Enhancing Calorie Expenditure with Cardio
While primarily relying on a diet-induced calorie deficit, augmenting your calorie expenditure through exercise is also pivotal. Without engaging in cardio activities, you might need to consume significantly fewer calories to achieve fat loss. Additionally, cardio offers a unique advantage by aiding in the reduction of visceral fat – the perilous deep abdominal fat. This can lead not only to improved health but also a potential reduction in overall belly size, potentially aiding in the eradication of love handles.
Begin by integrating more walking into your daily routine. Monitor your average daily step count and gradually strive to elevate it by 2,000 steps daily until reaching 8,000 to 10,000 steps. Additionally, consider incorporating some low- to moderate-intensity cardio into your exercise regimen based on your preferences and consistency.
Step 4: Surmounting Plateaus and Resilient Fat
As progress unfolds, you may encounter plateaus where your previous endeavours cease to yield results (this accounts for the persistence of stubborn fat). If you observe minimal to no fat loss or a lack of change in your body weight for at least 2-3 weeks, it’s time to enact adjustments. Two options lie before you: marginally reduce your calorie intake, typically by around 100 calories per day, or elevate your daily activity and average calorie expenditure. Simple modifications, such as incorporating more steps into your daily routine or integrating 20-30 minutes of low- to moderate-intensity cardio each week, can help you break through these plateaus.
Step 5: Embrace Progress and Achieve Equilibrium
Adhering to the delineated steps consistently will unquestionably lead to love handle reduction. Nonetheless, attaining complete eradication may necessitate attaining a level of leanness that proves challenging for most individuals to sustain. Comparing oneself to the sculpted figures prevalent on social media can be misleading, as these individuals often possess exceptional genetics and might not adhere to natural means. Furthermore, sustaining such extraordinary levels of leanness can be taxing and impact your daily energy levels. Instead, take pride in the strides you’ve made, take essential breaks, and seek a sustainable equilibrium. It’s imperative to recognize that the endeavour to eliminate those final pockets of stubborn fat may not justify the potential compromise.
In summation, conquering love handles is unquestionably achievable through a well-founded approach. By following these scientifically supported steps and exercising patience with your progress, you can realize your objectives and cultivate a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Remember, your journey is distinct, and embracing your body’s distinctiveness is an empowering demonstration of self-affection.
For an exhaustive elucidation of the number one method for shedding love handles and body fat, view Ethier’s comprehensive video below.
Metabolism is important for several reasons:
- Energy production: Metabolism is responsible for converting the food we eat into energy that our cells can use. This energy is necessary for all bodily functions, from breathing to walking.
- Tissue maintenance: Metabolism is also responsible for building and repairing tissues in the body. This includes the growth and repair of muscles, bones, and organs.
- Waste removal: Metabolism helps to eliminate waste products from the body, such as carbon dioxide, urea, and other toxins.
- Regulation of body weight: Metabolism plays a key role in regulating body weight. A slow metabolism can make it more difficult to lose weight, while a fast metabolism can help to burn more calories.
- Hormone production: Metabolism is responsible for the production of hormones, which are chemical messengers that regulate various bodily functions.
Body recomposition involves several key components that work together to transform your body composition. Here are the essential elements of this process:
- Resistance Training: Regular engagement in strength training exercises plays a vital role in body recomposition. By using weights, resistance bands, or bodyweight exercises, you challenge and overload your muscles, promoting hypertrophy or muscle growth over time.
- Caloric Balance: Achieving body recomposition requires careful attention to your calorie intake and expenditure. To simultaneously lose body fat and gain muscle, it’s generally necessary to maintain a slight caloric deficit—consuming fewer calories than you burn—while ensuring an adequate intake of nutrients to support muscle growth and recovery.
- Protein Intake: Adequate protein consumption is critical for muscle building and repair. Higher protein intake supports muscle protein synthesis and helps preserve lean muscle mass during the fat-loss phase of body recomposition.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Incorporating cardiovascular exercises, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can boost calorie expenditure and aid overall fat loss. However, it’s essential to balance cardiovascular exercise with resistance training to preserve and stimulate muscle growth effectively.
- Progressive Overload: Continuously progressing in your workouts is essential for successful body recomposition. Embrace the principle of progressive overload by gradually increasing the intensity, volume, or resistance of your exercises over time. This constant challenge stimulates muscle growth and development.
It’s important to recognize that body recomposition is a gradual process that demands consistency, patience, and individual adjustments based on your body’s unique response. While it may not happen as rapidly as focusing solely on fat loss or muscle gain, body recomposition can lead to sustainable changes in body composition, overall strength, and aesthetics.
For personalized guidance and safe, effective progress towards your body recomposition goals, consider consulting with a qualified fitness professional or nutritionist. Their expertise will help tailor a plan that aligns with your specific needs and supports your journey to a healthier, fitter you. Remember, dedication and persistence are the keys to unlocking the transformative potential of body recomposition.
- Doctor and body fat: Lucas Guimarães Bueno on Pexels