Check out the 5 best bodyweight exercises for amazing mobility according to Liv Townsend.
Liv Townsend is known online as Livinleggins. She is a self-taught yoga teacher that has accumulated a big following. She posts daily tips on her Instagram account about stretching, yoga and mobility. You can also check out her YouTube channel here.
We know mobility training is not the hottest topic in the fitness world, especially when it comes to building muscle. However, there are a few benefits of doing mobility work regularly that we know will spark your interest more in this type of training.
- Improved flexibility: Mobility training can help increase the range of motion in joints, which can improve overall flexibility and mobility.
- Reduced risk of injury: By improving joint mobility and flexibility, mobility training can help reduce the risk of injury during physical activity or daily movements.
- Better posture: Mobility exercises can help improve posture and alignment, which can reduce pain and discomfort in the neck, shoulders, and back.
- Enhanced athletic performance: Mobility training can improve mobility and range of motion, which can translate to better athletic performance in sports and physical activities.
- Improved joint health: Mobility training can help maintain and improve joint health, which can reduce the risk of joint-related conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- Reduced muscle tension: Mobility exercises can help release muscle tension, which can reduce pain and discomfort in the body.
- Improved balance and stability: By improving joint mobility and stability, mobility training can improve balance and reduce the risk of falls.
With that in mind, you will find below the 5 best bodyweight exercises for amazing mobility according to Townsend.
5 Best Bodyweight Exercises For Amazing Mobility
As you are about to see, although mobility is almost seen as a taboo or a waste of time in the bodybuilding community, you are probably already doing many of the best bodyweight exercises for amazing mobility.
Here are the 5 best bodyweight exercises for amazing mobility according to Liv Townsend.
- Dead hang
- Cossack squat
- Single-leg deadlift
- ATG split squat
Townsend explains in the video below exactly which muscles get targeted in each exercise so you will know if you want better mobility in your quads, ankles, glutes, or another part of your body.
VIDEO – 5 Best Bodyweight Exercises For Amazing Mobility
How Often Should You Exercise Your Mobility?
The frequency of mobility training depends on several factors, including your current level of mobility, your goals, and your overall exercise program. In general, it is recommended to perform some form of mobility exercises at least two to three times per week.
If you have limited mobility or range of motion, you may need to focus on mobility exercises more frequently. Conversely, if you are already quite mobile, you may only need to perform mobility exercises once or twice per week to maintain your range of motion.
It is important to listen to your body and avoid overtraining, which can lead to injury. If you experience any pain or discomfort during your mobility training, you should consult a healthcare professional and adjust your training program accordingly.
Remember that consistency is key when it comes to mobility training. By incorporating regular mobility exercises into your routine, you can improve your flexibility, joint health, and overall physical performance.